NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART (Op Bike PICS ADDED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chips_Mahoy said:
I just saw a new one at the local Walmart..... A Huffy Women's cruiser that had 26" cream colored tires w/ a brown sidewall. Different.......

I noticed those too, and they are the 2.35s as well.

yoothgeye said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
I just saw a new one at the local Walmart..... A Huffy Women's cruiser that had 26" cream colored tires w/ a brown sidewall. Different.......

I noticed those too, and they are the 2.35s as well.

I wasn't able to read their size but that's even better! Wish I had taken a pic of them..... :(

kngtmat said:
They finally added the 32's on their site with site to store and in their different colors.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/32-Genesis-Me ... d/20658235

that's good. i had gave up looking for them. even if you asked someone there they didn't know what you were talking about. what's kind of crazy is, now it shows which local store it's in, but the closest is a little town about 30mls away, while i'm in the largest city in the state (16th largest in the nation. i know that 'cause the old mayor used to love to throw that into his speeches), and they still haven't shown up here.

Philphine said:
kngtmat said:
They finally added the 32's on their site with site to store and in their different colors.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/32-Genesis-Me ... d/20658235

that's good. i had gave up looking for them. even if you asked someone there they didn't know what you were talking about. what's kind of crazy is, now it shows which local store it's in, but the closest is a little town about 30mls away, while i'm in the largest city in the state (16th largest in the nation. i know that 'cause the old mayor used to love to throw that into his speeches), and they still haven't shown up here.
A- call the store in the little village to hold one unit for you
B- fetch a bus
C- ride home in style

It's not that complicated.

What a difference it makes as far as wheree we live in this country. I see everyone talking about Walmart bikes and how they are selling very good right now. I live in Arizona and NO bikes are selling right now. I go to walmart to grocery shop and the same bikes sit there for months until the temp gets below 200 and something. Winter is coming...YEEEEEAAA...bike riding time. My poor family gets so mad at me for asking them to ride this tim of year. So what if the tires melt a little on the rides right??

naturephotoboy3 said:
What a difference it makes as far as wheree we live in this country. I see everyone talking about Walmart bikes and how they are selling very good right now. I live in Arizona and NO bikes are selling right now. I go to walmart to grocery shop and the same bikes sit there for months until the temp gets below 200 and something. Winter is coming...YEEEEEAAA...bike riding time. My poor family gets so mad at me for asking them to ride this tim of year. So what if the tires melt a little on the rides right??

I just moved out here from mesa/aj area and I loved to ride year round. I was born and raised in arizona and it never stopped me. I guess if you love to ride then nuthin will hold ya back. just ride bro. :mrgreen: :wink:

The weird thing about those 32" cruisers, one night I went to walmart and they had a long line of those things, then about a week later it was down to a couple, then none. Where did they go? This town has 16,000 people in it and that Walmart pretty much serves just this area. I haven't seen a one of those bikes on the road, and they would definitely stand out.

Peatbog said:
yoothgeye said:
Where did they go?

They didn't go anywhere. They shrink when they get wet. You guys had a lot of rain. Those bikes are all probably 26"ers now. Maybe even 20"ers. That is why they make them so big to start with. They are Walmart bikes--they don't use the best materials. Keep 'em out of the rain.

Oh, well that explains it.

What did you ever do with the 36er you got?

1speedJam1982 said:
naturephotoboy3 said:

I just moved out here from mesa/aj area and I loved to ride year round. I was born and raised in arizona and it never stopped me. I guess if you love to ride then nuthin will hold ya back. just ride bro. :mrgreen: :wink:

I love it here..and i can assure you i ride all year long...nothing like a 12 month season for everything. Just wish there were more bike related things out here. But it's a great place to live and ride

Peatbog said:
If we lived closer, I'd sell it to you. But then I would regret it. So I would just have to let you use it anytime you wanted.

It's a deal, and you can borrow any of my stupid bikes anytime you want, tall, swing, motorized, sand, etc...

naturephotoboy3 said:
1speedJam1982 said:
naturephotoboy3 said:

I love it here..and i can assure you i ride all year long...nothing like a 12 month season for everything. Just wish there were more bike related things out here. But it's a great place to live and ride

I agree I miss being out there. thats my home but out here there is definatly more of a bike scene out here.

yoothgeye said:
The weird thing about those 32" cruisers, one night I went to walmart and they had a long line of those things, then about a week later it was down to a couple, then none. Where did they go? This town has 16,000 people in it and that Walmart pretty much serves just this area. I haven't seen a one of those bikes on the road, and they would definitely stand out.
Ebay and Craig's list...as "custom cruisers" :D

Here's the tires I was talking about:

43253737328-vi.jpg

44252991120-vi.jpg

And here's one I saw before. A brown tread Fatti-O style white wall:

15269807584-vi.jpg

I ahve seen those bikes but not those tires and I'm not sure I like brown tires like that anyways, it would be better for the treads to be brown with the side wall being cream colored.

They can be hit-and miss, my sisters walmart schwinn landmark was garbage but my schwinn meridians 6 yrs strong.

Mongoose Mode 540 BMX I saw yesterday for $149 in the store but online they have it for $159, it looks like a normal size bottom bracket but it has a 3 piece crank and they had another one that costs less because there are a few differences.

Sorry for the pics not looking too great but I had to hurry up & go.
IMG_20120901_180306.jpg

IMG_20120901_180316.jpg

IMG_20120901_180330.jpg

IMG_20120901_180341.jpg

Here is the little diferent version model Mode but I forgot the numbers they had for it.
IMG_20120901_180535.jpg

kngtmat said:
Mongoose Mode 540 BMX I saw yesterday for $149 in the store but online they have it for $159, it looks like a normal size bottom bracket but it has a 3 piece crank and they had another one that costs less because there are a few differences.

Sorry for the pics not looking too great but I had to hurry up & go.
IMG_20120901_180306.jpg

IMG_20120901_180316.jpg

IMG_20120901_180330.jpg

IMG_20120901_180341.jpg

Here is the little diferent version model Mode but I forgot the numbers they had for it.
IMG_20120901_180535.jpg
I was looking online and for $100 that black fixie seams like something interesting to experiment with.

I would like to have one but I just got a bike so I have to wait awhile for the next one but that bike was on sale for $79.

Latest posts

Back