New Tall bike, Lowered custom Bottom bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres are some pics of the new tallbike project we started on.

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

I thought about that as we were putting them and getting the way we were going to design it. For about an hour i sat there configuring all the parts on the floor you see.I was like, "how dangerous, a swing tall bike", so no, we just mounted it as it is fixed, to the seat post bar. Now just to beef it up. Lots of work to be done though and imm very excited to proceed. I need to find more C/L bikes or frames for cheap.

Thanks for the positive feedback, i really appreciate it and it inspires me to keep going .

Sean

Haha, Bmw E 30 v8 project is the orange beast for drifting, its going to have 480 horepower to the rear wheels. Ill have to get some more pics at the hanger, then ill post them.

Yes, its my friend andy's car and he has spent a lot to get it where its at right now. Thats the fun of these modifications we are doing though. Worth every penny.

Funny u said that because at first i didn't want to Continue with the tall bike because I liked the lines so much as a chopper or a rat single story, but the only thing was, the rear cranks wouldn't clear the ground if I had made it a tandem, so I'm going ahead with the tall bike plan.

Heres some more pics of the tallbike #2 that we worked on yesterday. were getting close to finishing the structural part of the bike.
IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

This 1944 p-51 mustang is so awesome. Where the hanger is, right next door to the hanger this guy owns this mustang. I doubt any other ones are this clean in the world that are all aluminum like this. Usually they are colored/painted. The owner said he has not researched it, but there could be past war history on this beast of a beauty. The bottom picture is actually a video of him starting it up and taxiing towards the runway.
IMG_0959.jpg

If U click the image below, it will play the video of the 1944 p-51 mustang starting up, and idleing and taxiing towards the run way

well, i can totally loosen or tighten the stem up top to adjust or replace stem or bars, but the bottom one is fixed in place with bearing and everything in place welded. I would have to cut it out to fix or replace, i guess thats the whole fun of it though. The other way to do it would be to run a long outside tube all the way , and then run the inside tube through that like a regular bicycle fork tube going the bicycle head tube.

Your headtube angle is super steep. I would rake it out a bit otherwise steering is going to be twitchy.

Latest posts

Back