New Walmart Fat Tire Bike coming in a couple weeks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
48L7Ltx.jpg
differences in the frame geometry of dolomite and the beast
3S25C8O.jpg

It's funny seeing your dog getting a buzz huffing on the tire fumes.:crazy:

Wal*mart is showing the Dolomite back in stock. Mine should be at the local Wal*mart on Monday the 10th. But won't be able to pick it up until the 13th.

Guess thats what happens when you ship to store.

differences in the frame geometry of dolomite and the beast
3S25C8O.jpg

Geometry looks spot on to being a lot more comfortable to ride than the Beast is. The stance looks very pleasant. WHen I first had a look at this bike on Wallymart.com I thought I would be ok with the red wheels and changing the color of the frame to something darker like black (think ratrod). But after looking at these real life pics the blue is actually quite nice looking but the rims seem almost pinkish. Might have to paint the rims now instead.

Someone on the FB thread posted this wheelie action
1794595_746753432025030_465846050_n.jpg

Yea I like those colors also. Had a 92 Diamondback road bike I did up in the same color scheme.
The Dozer is the same geometry as the Beast, just a recolor, cant see any reason why someone would opt for that over the Dolomite.

Mine should be here tomorrow. I was scared, its getting up to 50 degrees today, I was worried I wouldn't have any snow to play around in. Looks like we are expecting another 4-6 inches Wednesday.

Joy Cleveland weather.

Dolomite arrived today. Unpacked did preliminary "loose assembly mockup". To be followed by grease and adjustments.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394491155.642240.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394491178.623527.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394491195.439958.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394491214.911266.jpg

Got my new Dolomite yesterday. Was in an extra box for protection which I'm guessing was done after they dropped the Mongoose box a few times. A few scuffs and scratches which I hate but won't kill the function of the bike. Handlebars were dangling free stretching out the cables and the seat bar was banging against the side of the frame during its journey to the states. All of the axle cover protectors were smashed and broken. Without that extra box I'm guessing a return would have been it store.
BUT, thankfully the bike assembled fine and rode like a dream. Really like this paint scheme and setup over the Beast. Like others have said, this feels smaller than the beast but in a good way. I'm still going to keep my B3AST for the wife to use on our bike trips. Other than the scratches I have no complaints. Well worth the $225.

Got mine today. Its sitting at the LBS now, waiting for a regrease and brake adjustment.

Initial impressions. Definitely a cool bike, the size of the tires blew everyone away at work. 51lbs stock, ouch.

I was originally going to repaint it a flat black and leave the wheels red, but the color is actually a pretty nice blue metallic, so if anything I might repaint the wheels. But gonna ride it around abit first and blow up the stock components, when its time to swap them out, I might strip it down and throw a coat of plasti-dip on the frame.

My box was in solid shape, only 1 hole threw the side for an axel, it also came in 2 boxes, a few minor scratches in the paint, but really hard to notice.

After shipping a dyno cruiser to another member here, and what that cost, I can't believe theres actually any profit to be made on these bikes delivered for only $225, kinda crazy.

OK first ride down tonite. First fat experience here. Kept it stock for now...

First off, this thing is heavy, gotta drop some weight to ride this thing on the regular. Where I live is a lot of hills. Going uphill was rough. Tires roll pretty good on cement, muddy grass, wet sand along the shore and snow up to about 3" deep, anything more than that was futile. It was half melted snow:) ice that melted the past few days. I should have 4-12" of fresh powder tomorrow to test that out. Not sure what typical snow traction is like on other tires, but the whole "floating on snow" line is kinda bs, at least on these... and at the psi I was running.

Had the bike regreased and brakes adjusted at the lbs before the ride. After a pretty good stair drop(25ish steps), the brakes did start rubbing afterwards, wheels held up good, still straight didn't fold up like tacos, better than the typical Walmart wheels I've used before. The brakes look like the weak link on the bike to me, if you plan on really riding these, plan on upgrading those unless you want to mess with those often.

Bike shifts well for a cheap twister and tourney. Geometry was good, very similar to a typical mtb.

Overall, its probably a better bike than I expected for a $200 Walmart bike, definately a good base to build on. IMO its too heavy for riding on hills, and wore me out good compared to my xc and fs mtb's.

As a fat bike noob, I'm glad I went this route as opposed to a bikes direct or Minnesota fat, which are the next step up in the $700 range. Its definately a cool ride and gets people looking and talking. But its a lot more work than other bikes, unsure if I will keep this long term or not, as my typical riding spots by my house are very hilly.

Don't believe the douche canoes on mtbr that this thing is a pos.

This bike is legit and worth its price tag, a very fun ride, but it has its flaws, namely the brakes and weight. Sadly those elitest snobs over on mtbr won't give it any credit and are more concerned with a bikes price than actually riding a bike, so I ended up getting banned over there because apparently my logic and opinions don't fall in line with the koolaid drinking snobs over there who apparently are allowed to talk crap but can't take it.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back