Newbie first rebuild/restore-Clipper by Columbia (UPDATE).

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

My name is Nelson and ever since I saw my best friends columbia cruiser he rebuild, I was hooked and had to find my own to restore. I started on the search to find a columbia cruiser and when talking to a co-worker and finding out that he has a side business with bicycles I had to ask him if he had an old skool columbia cruiser. Make a long story short he did have a columbia frame that he would sell me for 40 bucks along with other parts that would fit the bike, and then it began. A few weeks later after alot of hard work I finally can say that I have somewhat restored my first ever cruiser. Let me tell you that I am hooked. I have no idea what year it was made because the serial numbers on the bottom of the frame were really faded and worn out that I could not make out the numbers. The only thing I know is that it is a clipper by columbia. I hope you all will enjoy the pictures and if anyone has any info on this style bike that would be great. I am very excited to be part of this forum and look forward to learn from you all, thanks.

clipper.jpg

First day I brought it home. I could not save the from emblem b/c it was a decal that was dry rotted.
clipper1.jpg

clipper2.jpg

Almost complete I have a few more ideas that I want to incorporate.
clipper3.jpg

I love the way this picture came out. I took this with my wide angle lens.

Re: Newbie first rebuild/restore-Clipper by Columbia.

Nice bike loser... haha Glad you could join us, I'll let you ride mine if I can ride yours.

I'm kinda surprised you didn't add some Puerto Rican flare to this one.

Re: Newbie first rebuild/restore-Clipper by Columbia.

Alright sounds like a plan we will switch when i come down. BTW the puerto rican flare is coming very soon.....

Re: Newbie first rebuild/restore-Clipper by Columbia. (UPDATE)

Just a few subtle changes that I made....

New cruiser style front fork 1 1/8"
Used mountain bike stem 1 1/8"
Used Ape hanger bars
Used banana seat
Custom made "FANK" fake tank
SNB10706.JPG

Latest posts

Back