Newbie from p.i.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome aboard! I'm up here in Zambales, got here two years ago for good but first visited here in 1982.

Post up some pics! Here's my latest build off bike. I've got it set up so we can ride all during rainy season.

19 Sep ride.jpg

Welcome to RatRodBikes. I know from my trip to Manila five years ago, there is a healthy rat rod bikes culture in the P.I. Show us your bikes or ideas for future builds.

1663593923968.png
1663593982138.png

Matter of fact I was already here before. I rejoined after a 5 1/2 years absence. I think I started to become a member sometime in 08 or 09. Glad to be back! View attachment 210167here's my dx which has to be redone
It looks good as is. I think it's a straight bar frame with a CWC 3 gill tank, a DX would have a slight curve in the crossbar. It's a better frame than any I have in my collection here. I can't find a decent old frame. If you have the serial number I can get the year for you.

Last edited:
It looks good as is. I think it's a flat bar frame with a CWC 3 gill tank, a DX would have a slight curve in the crossbar. It's better frame than any I have in my collection here. I can't find a decent old frame. If you have the serial number I can get the year for you.
Oh good! Ive been trying to look for it! Thanks man, here it is..
E145483. That's under the bottom bracket. Thanks a bunch wildcat!

Matter of fact I was already here before. I rejoined after a 5 1/2 years absence. I think I started to become a member sometime in 08 or 09. Glad to be back! View attachment 210167here's my dx which has to be redone

Hello everyone! I would like to show my newly rebuilt bicycle. Again the frame is a Schwinn dx '48. I used old parts, just cleaned it, patinaed, then sprayed with a clear coat. The tank and fenders were stripped of paint and again clear coated. The seats were changed to black to match the grips and pedals. Here it is warts and all! I hope you guys will dig it.

Attachments

• IMG_20221008_121755~2.jpg
    IMG_20221008_121755~2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221008_121731.jpg
    IMG_20221008_121731.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back