Nirve Cannibal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me where I can find the year of manufacture on this Nirve Cannibal? Serial number is L3E030276.
Thanks.

nirve.jpg

If you haven't seen, there was a recall on the Chinese made version of that bike, serial number info could help you rule out a couple of years
https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2010/bicycles-recalled-by-nirve-sports-due-to-fall-hazardAccording to Bicycle Blue book, they were made in 2008, 2010, 2015, and 2018
Yes, I've seen the recall list. That just rules out 2008 and 2009. I purchased it used in 2016 and I don't think the original owner had it for long.
I find the information at Bicycle Blue Book laughable sometimes so I don't put too much stock in it. But thanks anyway.
I saw a list of the different generations of the Cannibal/Switchblade but can't remember where that was. I'll keep searching.

Yeah sorry I couldn't confirm the date. I place zero faith in the blue book either, except for the most basic of info. Wish I could help

I emailed the only email I could find for Nirve and still haven't received a reply. Oh well. Sold the bike last weekend anyway. Purchaser was so happy to get it, didn't care about the year.

Latest posts

Back