BO15 No Mask Necessary

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t really have a lunch break, this virtual schooling is insane. I can run out for 10-15 minutes to check and make sure my kids are doing their work and okay at home.

Anyway, I did manage to pull the bike out, put the rear wheel on, and fit a rear rack.

04e76f403743b7412d58affc8eeb97ed.jpg

I think the black rack balances well with the black strut rods. I’ll check later if the rack is bent behind the uprights, just noticed in the photo is looks like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna make the wheel sprocket match?

Nope, too much work for too little payoff. Good eye though. Nobody else noticed.

Edit: Just counted the rear teeth, 19... glad I didn’t try.

Last edited:
After painting the first chainguard and realizing it was too short, I grabbed a dozen more and no fit, then I remembered I have 2 of these bikes complete out back and grabbed a chainguard.

But, I couldn’t leave it alone.

113fc0263e3039c4aad366641baae7a0.jpg

Nice mods on the woody rack and the chain vent. Curve that scrap rack insert and it might be cool on the seat tube.

Last thing, put on pedals... good time to realize your crank is stripped.

21e9b12f8c623d66091a046f1b136010.jpg

When I saw this pic, I was like "What!!!??? He's making a pedal out of a screwdriver!!!! :D :D

Nice Butt Badge

1598237894983.png

I forgot to mention, the "dirty work" I did on the rims was taking wood stain on a paper towel and wiping the clean wheels down. I also rubbed it over the entire frame. gives a nice addition to patina, dries overnight and offers another layer of protection.

Latest posts

Back