No more kenda k80?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Mother in-law asked me to put air in her tire the other day. I looked at it and the tires were so dry rotted I didn't want to. I told her you need new tires. L get you some. I gave her a nice Electra a couple years ago but she has a few bikes. This old Murray she picked out of the trash is her favorite. It's like an 80s girls "mountain bike" if you want to call it that. She told me she didn't want new tires just put air in them. So I did, and told my wife she was going to get a blow out on her way home. Sure enough. So I gave her a tube since she insisted on giving it. she stole a front wheel off another bike and brought that one over. I couldnt get the old dry rotted tire to stay on the rim so I tried a new k80 I had. All good. She just came over and told me she loved the new tire. I said ok I'll get you another one.
There are none on Amazon or niagracye.

I was looking for black wall. Seems like there arent any out there. Was going to buy a few. I guess I'll just get her a couple whitewalls.

I had a similar experience looking on line for replacement Kenda tires. I found the exact tires that I was looking for in my LBS , with a Sunlite brand wrapper, around a Kenda tire. So try searching Sunlite K80 .

Wonder how many are floating around offshore ?
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...ible-major-shipping-firm-goes-bankrupt-282123
hanjin-shipping-630x420.jpg

Kenny is right; the Sunlite-label "Cruiser 80" is the exact same tire as the K80; Sunlite is owned by (or maybe is the exact same) company that distributes Kenda in the USA; they sell the tire as Kenda K80 r Sunlite Cruiser 80. Also, Cheng Shin makes a tire in the same pattern and sells it as the C693. FFWIW, i don't think they're identical to the K80/Cruiser 80, b/c they actually smell a little different, if you compare new ones with the "new tire smell." Yeah, i know that probably makes me weird, but it is true. :crazy:

Back