Not So Safe Neighborhood

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin B

Bicycle Demolitionist
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our state (Florida) is leading the nation in bicycle mayhem. https://www.fox4now.com/news/local-news/investigates/florida-remains-deadliest-state-for-bicyclists
I'm not surprised. This article from our local FOX affiliate lists my own county (Lee) as high on the list. The worst things that have happened to me are; a crotch rocket motorcycle blowing by so close we almost touched handle bars. He was flying and just laughed as he nearly hit me. I always ride with traffic per Florida law. A couple of years ago I signaled I was making a left turn and when I was making it a school bus closed in on me at a high rate of speed and started around me as I was turning. Please everyone be careful out there. Many, maybe most drivers are ignorant about dealing with bicycles. I see a lot of bicyclist that are ignorant of our responsibilities too.

I see a lot of bicyclist that are ignorant of our responsibilities too.
An errant roadie who was speeding and cutting a blind corner on a MUP yesterday almost learned the hard way. I braked, dipped my left shoulder for the impact and could feel him brush by it. I called him a not so nice name and he didn't bother to say anything or apologize for being reckless. Kinda wishing I had dipped my shoulder a bit more.

An errant roadie who was speeding and cutting a blind corner on a MUP yesterday almost learned the hard way. I braked, dipped my left shoulder for the impact and could feel him brush by it. I called him a not so nice name and he didn't bother to say anything or apologize for being reckless. Kinda wishing I had dipped my shoulder a bit more.
Didn't I just see an article somewhere out in your area where a car intentionally smashed into some roadies in a larger group and then took off?

Edit:

Found it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/denver...river-ford-escape-owner-hit-and-cyclists/?amp

Latest posts

Back