nova.. love hate relationship

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya my 72 nova decided to hate me today , but i still love it . for the last 6 years or 7 i forget , its been one rocky romance between us , front main seals blowing, wheel bearings seizing, the starters going in the snow, fuel pumps , all the 9mpg driving but with all that it doesnt beat all the great times she's ran her heart out for me ,
BUTT today i could kick the car, 20 something degrees out fillin it up with gas which is always tricky those with old cars know that sometimes it spits out at you .. well today it just didnt spit gas out at me ..it lunged gas back out at me never did that before
all over my converse ... soaked threw to my feet , driving home with gas soaked feet .. brr i wish it was 104 octane instead of 89 .. 104 smells better

sounds like a Nova, need I remind you what Nova means? won't run....
Just kidding The older novas were great just not the 80's ones.

dogdart said:
It's not your Nova , it's those crappy aerated pump nozzles made for new cars and clean emissions , I hate 'em , takes forever to fill my '76 Dodge van :x

Yeah and it doesn't seem to last as long as it did when I was a kid. It makes me feel old that I can remember 99 cent a gallon gas :oops:

How would you feel if ya had eat from behind your license plate? :oops:. I saw a 1970 Nova yesterday with the cool rally wheels on it, little rust on the quarters but still a good lookin car. Dont hate it just because its beautiful :lol:

you should let your car know......
there exsists a terrible place for misbehaving nova's. 8)
2hz3l0m.jpg

they'll slice into your flesh and rip ya limb from limb.
2d0jtl1.jpg

rumor has it, none survive!

Way Cool Couch ^

Gotta LOVE the old cars.

My newest car is a '76 Cadillac Coupe deVILE Rat Rod followed by a '75 Plymouth Scamp followed by a '64 Dodge 330 Super Stock clone.

jen,my old 72 nova (4door) was a real pain.
i was visiting a friend and had to run to the store.(2 days after i purchased the car) the store was located on a 1/2mile long hill (with a steep grade)

so i'm in the store, and i see a cruiser, fly by with his lights on.
some kid comes into the store and says "some drunk just drove his car into the fire truck and through cubby's house. now it was a small town and everybody knows everybody, but cubby happened to be a good friend of mine.

went running out the store to view the event first hand, only to notice my car was gone.
it slipped outta the parking gear, side swiped the front of a fire truck parked at the hall, then ventured back across the street and right into my friend cubby's living room.

as far as damage, a few scratches on the firetruck bumper (mainly paint transfer from my car)
cubbies livingroom, total write off.

my car suffered some paint lose on the side and bent the bumper real bad.
tied it to a tree and reversed to straighten it out. lol
wasn't the last time that car slipped outta gear. (even after repairs)

yeah a real pain in my butt :)

icyuod2 said:
jen,my old 72 nova (4door) was a real pain.
i was visiting a friend and had to run to the store.(2 days after i purchased the car) the store was located on a 1/2mile long hill (with a steep grade)

so i'm in the store, and i see a cruiser, fly by with his lights on.
some kid comes into the store and says "some drunk just drove his car into the fire truck and through cubby's house. now it was a small town and everybody knows everybody, but cubby happened to be a good friend of mine.

went running out the store to view the event first hand, only to notice my car was gone.
it slipped outta the parking gear, side swiped the front of a fire truck parked at the hall, then ventured back across the street and right into my friend cubby's living room.

as far as damage, a few scratches on the firetruck bumper (mainly paint transfer from my car)
cubbies livingroom, total write off.

my car suffered some paint lose on the side and bent the bumper real bad.
tied it to a tree and reversed to straighten it out. lol
wasn't the last time that car slipped outta gear. (even after repairs)

yeah a real pain in my butt :)

Good old american cars, try that with a prius... :lol:

My brother used to own a '75 that he brought back to life after the previous owner learned for the third time that drinking and driving doesn't mix. He dropped a 350 in it and had the body straightened out etc. new paint (canary yellow, really sharp looking). He drove it one summer and even after all the time and money spent on it he turned around and sold it. He said it never did run like it should. New owner had it for two years, never drove it and it's back up for sale. Oddly if I had the money...

Latest posts

Back