Occ tire on classic stingray?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i figure this is the best place to ask.. schwinn forum guys have no hope in this! anyone done this? is it possible with maybe putting a 3piece crank and arm stronging the rear drops a bit? seems like it would look awesome. just not sure how heavy the modifications would be.. -Blake

Guy here at work and I have been toying with that idea. I think I could make the wheel/tire fit, but I'm not certain the chain will squeak by. I have a wheel tire set from the OCC stingray. I might try if I ever stumble across a free canti frame.

the crank is wide on the occ bike to match the hub. it could be done with some tooling but for the first run try it on a close to spec, cheeper knock off bike for the trial and error part. that way if your out some coin its not so bad and if it turns out you can sell it to fund your other one

I've been kicking around this idea myself...morph an OCC into a Classic Stingray frame.

Shoot me an email.I have a concept pic to send yas done by a guy on the Schwinn forum,and its WAY COOL!

cool, im glad other people are thinking about this hopefully one of us does it sooner or later. here's a little inspiration for you guys sent to me by MagicRat..

100_0547.jpg

courtesy of..
http://www.schwinnbike.com/usa/eng/foru ... hp?t=67440

what if you chopped the rear end off one of the newer manta rays? then you would just have to work out your bottom bracket spacing.

mantaray1.jpg

Yeah,Im thinking you would have to whack the back half WITH the BB...then weld on the old Stingray front half.

The sad thing is,I have 2 OCC Stingrays,but I cant bring myself to cut them up...they're too nice.

So, has anyone done this yet?

It's too bad bike chains dont go around corners well. That fat tire Ray picture is awsome!

wheelymarko said:
It's too bad bike chains dont go around corners well. That fat tire Ray picture is awsome!

Just use the OCC BB as well.

Chips_Mahoy said:
I've got this one in the works right now. I'm building an adult sized version of this for a possible RRB 7 entry. Stay tuned....

Don't you mean "going to build" instead of "building". The BO hasn't started just yeat even though we all have been getting hyped about it on DNs thread.

kingfish254 said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
I've got this one in the works right now. I'm building an adult sized version of this for a possible RRB 7 entry. Stay tuned....

Don't you mean "going to build" instead of "building". The BO hasn't started just yeat even though we all have been getting hyped about it on DNs thread.
Yes...you are correct. Sorry 'about that.

Just bustin' your chops Chips. 8) :p

Latest posts

Back