October

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC01844.jpg

ape!

Age 32... Now age 39, but will be 40 this June... :eek:
live in maine
i am a jack of all trades, master of none...

here are some things i do:

artist: draw, paint, sculpt, etc

i do some amateur film/ video

i make latex halloween masks, foam latex appliances, dentures, fiberglas, blood and guts/ special effects

circuit bending

soldering/home brew electronics

drummer

Mailman Sorry, after 15 years, I quit!

vintage vespas

62 chevy impala custom

welding

bikes

unicycling

Last edited:
circuit bending!

im fascinated with circuit bending and home made synth instruments... have you done any big projects like a casio sk1? I've bent a smaller casio keyboard, a furby, speak and spell, and other kid toys, but nothing too complex. I just got a hold of that book Ghazala wrote about circuit bending, its pretty interesting.

But you have some great interests, sounds like your a creative person. Have you heard of a band called "Man Man"? I think they're from Maine... I really like what they do.

i did a nice toy chainsaw, that we used in our band... it had a 1/4" out jack, a glitch button and a pitch knob. custom paint. i also did a halloween sound effects flash light, that was quite extensive, with diodes, caps etc. it had several switches that could be used individually or together, (i think Ghazala calls it "1 to X" or "X to x" bend, in his book) it also had a pitch bend and LED's. it was a challenge to fit it all back in the original case... but that was stolen at a gig.

also built a home made photo theremin that i wired into my friend's guitar...

circuit bending is where you take a (usually) battery powered electronic device that makes sounds, like toy instruments, keyboards, speak and spell,
etc. and open it up, make a jumper (i use 2 jeweler's screwdrivers connected with a wire and alligator clips) then you start probing the circuit board for different connections, and short circuits, that will either change the existing sound, or create new sounds that the toy was never supposed to make.

after mapping the new "circuits", you need to find ways to operate the new sounds. this is usually done by soldering switches, knobs, potentiometers, photo cells etc. to the new connections.

if you do an internet search you will find all kinds of crazy stuff.

Reed Ghazala is credited as it's originator, and has written a basic "how to" book on the subject...

my friend has the saw at his place, i will try to get pics next time i see him...
it was a "home depot" toy chainsaw from toys r us, repainted...(yes, it is covered in blood :wink: )

:lol: :lol: :lol: Dont get me going again!! lol. Dude, what would u charge 2 make my mom a new set of dentures? Hers are broke lol!

Lol she dont care, Shes using the 50 cent Billybob teeth from k-mart right now! I tell you What!!

Hahahaaha im kidding, She just gums everything :lol: i love my momma.

Latest posts

Back