OFFICIAL 2011 AUCTION BIKE- Congrats to Tomatocity!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is where the actual Auction will be taking place so here are the official rules for the auction.

1. The Auction will run from 12:01am CST December 1st to 6:00pm December 6th.

2. The bid increment is $20 from the beginning of the auction until 6:00pm December 5th. This means that if the current high bid is $300 then the next bid will be $320, no more-no less. I am doing this to prevent someone from jumping in mid-auction and jumping the price out of reach of many of the members. I would like the thread to be active the entire length of the auction. After that the gloves are off and anything goes for the final 24 hours of the auction.

3. Only bidders from the continental U.S. are eligible.

4. An additional $60 for shipping will be required and IS NOT included in your bid.

5. The winning bidder has 24 hours to (a) contact me to arrange for shipping (shipping payment will be sent to me) and (b) submit payment in the amount of the winning bid by clicking the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page. Should these two conditions not be met for any reason the bike will be passed to the second place bidder.

6. This thread will be for bidding on the bike only. Any questions or comments regarding the rules should be pm'd to me directly. Questions or comments about the bike can be posted HERE.

If you plan on bidding please take the time to read through the BUILD THREAD so you know exactly what you are bidding on.

I will be posting some detailed pics of the bike in this thread before the start of the auction. Here are a few for now.

2011_RRB_Auction_Bike-2.jpg

IMG_8626.JPG

IMG_8630-2.JPG

auctionbike2011-1.jpg

The helmet and goggles are included with the bike.
IMG_8620.JPG

Garagegoon donated the '41 CWC frame and several other parts in addition to getting the entire build rolling.
IMG_0828.jpg

Pick took care of the mirror black and ivory powder coating, donated the grips and several small parts.
IMG_0827.jpg

Kingzeeba1 added the Brooks B66 and the goggles.
IMG_0823.jpg

XC204 donated the forks AND extended the steer tube to fit the frame.
Mikesbikes36 built the custom truss rods.
IMG_0831.jpg

Double Nickle made the RRB plate for the front of the bike.
Axsepul took care of the decals for the plate, made the license plate, and there are more decals on the way as well.
IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

Peatbog donated the drag bars
IMG_0832.jpg

450redrider sent the stem and the pedal hardware.
Critter1 let us have the cream pedal blocks and the solid sprocket
Ratfink1962 donated some new bearings for the bottom bracket and head set.
IMG_0829.jpg

LowpowerD supplied us with the stainless spokes
Deorman sent in the tubes
Several members (Sorry, I don't have a list) donated cash towards the Jerald Sulky Slicks
IMG_0824.jpg

65rat donated a red band Bendix Automatic kickback hub
IMG_0821.jpg

I rebuilt the kickback and gave it the custom look, donated the chain, donated and customized the helmet, and assembled the bike.

PHOTO UPDATE 12/2/11

IMAG0543.jpg

IMAG0544.jpg

IMAG0545.jpg

Re: ►► OFFICIAL 2011 AUCTION BIKE BIDDING THREAD ◄◄

I am going to place my only bid in the auction at $200 to open the bidding.

I would like to thank everyone who helped bring this bike from our shirts to a rolling work of art.

Good luck, bidders!

Re: ►► OFFICIAL 2011 AUCTION BIKE IS ON THE BLOCK ◄◄

$240.00

You just got spanked 360.00

You know, the bike I got that Udallcustombikes put together and I PAID $1.00 FOR IT ( I won it in a raffle at the MW Bikefest a couple of months ago), is one great ride.
Because I only PAID $1.00 that gives me some xtra $$ to throw at the auction bike. YEA.
$380.00

I'll see your $380 and raise you to...

$400.

Great job guys!

$480

Re: OFFICIAL 2011 AUCTION BIKE- 24 HOURS LEFT!

Very nice but I dont think I will be riding it away.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back