Official RRB Build Off 9 Finished Bike List

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems that with each succeeding Build-Off, the diversity, skill-set level and mechanical/esthetic creative abilities are stepped-up; this concept is what moves this hobby to the fore in allowing us to ride our bikes wherever we go and the public to stare or give a double-take that often starts a conversation that inspires yet another person to ride a bike! :)

Hey Outskirts, just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to fix all the pictures so they all display! I know it wasn't your fault, and I was able to see all the bikes one way or another before I voted, but you went above and beyond to take care of the people who aren't patient enough to click through to get to a picture, and the thread looks great now. It was kind of frustrating to refresh multiple times and not see all the pictures. Now I feel like I can share this thread with outsiders and not feel like I'm sending them to something that only sometimes works.

It wasn't easy but it got done and with the new software it was a learning expiriance. I'm proud of every bike here. The creativity and sheer skill displayed here is like nothing else you'll find on the net.

I'm proud of every bike here. The creativity and sheer skill displayed here is like nothing else you'll find on the net.
Totally agree! I hate to see that some bikes are still sitting on zero or only 1 vote, every bike in the list is a winner and would easily walk away with victory against "normal" bikes. Every builder should be proud of the bike they built and just getting it done in time.

How many votes you get is not necessarily what the build-off is about!

Those who were not able to join in the build-off but did comment and kept spurring the builders on to new heights deserve recognition too, without them, these bikes would not be as good as they are!

:41:

Luke.

Last edited:
It wasn't easy but it got done and with the new software it was a learning expiriance. I'm proud of every bike here. The creativity and sheer skill displayed here is like nothing else you'll find on the net.
+1!

Every builder should be proud of the bike they built and just getting it done in time. :41:

Luke.

We should all pat our selves on the back for being winners and making it to the finish line. The race started out with 162 entries and only 84 finished.

To the current leaders; Funkme and Renaissance Man, congratulations to you both!

Funkme, all I can say about your bike, “WOW!!!! So much character and personality! How you did all that in three months is simply mind staggering. A stellar job!

RM your build is a masterful accomplishment! I think everyone knew it was going to be the bike to beat from day one! It illustrates and embodies all of the elements for being the leader; smart engineering and beautiful craftsmanship. Well deserved sir!

fordsnake: Your build is awesome! I had a hard time narrowing my votes down to 15. Let alone 3! I think everyone who finished & those of us who didn't are all winners in my book.

You’ve earned it, OldSkool; your bike is outstanding, my Friend!

This Build-Off has produced some exceptional builds; it wasn’t an easy task to narrow it down to the “Top 3” since there are far more than three bikes on here that would easily make any Rat proud of ownership.

I want to congratulate all of you builders; you can all hold your heads high regardless of voter outcome – well done, good luck and thank you for sharing your creative talents!

Thank-You So Much Buddy, this has been another "GREAT" experience & a TON of FUN, a lot of GREAT~BUILDERS on the site and I just like tagging along for the "FUN" and checking out "ALL" the KoOL Bikes ;) Had A BLast !!!!

Thanks again & Thanks to all the individuals that placed a "VOTE" for THE 8~Ball Tracker SLACKER :) . . .

MUCH APPRECIATED :thumbsup:

Totally agree! I hate to see that some bikes are still sitting on zero or only 1 vote, every bike in the list is a winner and would easily walk away with victory against "normal" bikes. Every builder should be proud of the bike they built and just getting it done in time.

How many votes you get is not necessarily what the build-off is about!

Those who were not able to join in the build-off but did comment and kept spurring the builders on to new heights deserve recognition too, without them, these bikes would not be as good as they are!

:41:

Luke.
Well said sir!

How many total votes have been cast so far? I can't see a total.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I haven't figured out the math on the percentages that show up, but if you count the votes, there have been about 700 votes cast so far.

I forg
Yeah, the percentages are not working properly...

I think I deciphered it during one of the winter or muscle build offs, but I have had a beer since then and killed that brain cell that could do the Jethro BONINE cipherin'.

My guess is the % are all out of wack because the fact that each person that votes can chose 1-3 bikes for there vote.

If 100 people vote and pick 3 there's (up to) 300 votes.
If every person of those 100 happened to all chose 1 of the bikes the same you could end up with any place between 33% to 100% for that bike.
God knows how its figuring the votes. I'm not going to try to figure it out.

I found this out during the last Muscle Bike BO. "You can determine the number of people that have voted so far by dividing the number of votes that any given bike received by the % for that bike."
So as of 10:42PM we have had 255 people vote.

I just tallied the votes and there have been 701 votes cast so that means an average of 2.75 votes per voter

Last year in the Traditional Class we had 81 Builds with 402 voters with a total of 1108 votes (2.75 votes per voter).

Latest posts

Back