Old Friend, Riding video

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just ordered these tires love the color :thumbsup:
41YFQHdwe1L_zpsd9391f2e.jpg

Nice work, I wish I had those tools. I spent most of the night trying to straighten a rack with a pipe-wrench and a garden gnome...

Good luck, Rg
Man, I am not even gonna ask how you use a "Garden Gnome" to straighten stuff out...:eek:

I don't even think my local shop has those Park frame tools!?

so just a little update today, I got my tires in the post witch is nice, so I did a mock up build today the bike looks great :113:
IMG_8866_zps9d4914b1.jpg

IMG_8871_zpsf9b82c23.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work...the light bluieish/green color is be-u-ti-ful!! Bet it rolls perfecto..

Sorry about not being around lately, I have been really busy with work. But to day was my day off and I got a cool part for my build
IMG_1840_zps0369f96c.jpg

Not a bad buy for only 30 bucks, the frame still has a hole in it but i have a crank set from a Columbia built 50's WesternFlyer, I mite try to get the bike together tomorrow, the place this photo was taken was at the Boise Vintage bicycle swap we have yearly I have a lot more pics so I will post them later :D

Great chain guard! I love the progress so far. Although I'm worried about that chunk missing out of the chain stay. My guess is to fill it with weld, then grind it down and blend it in. It will require some paint and patina to match, but luckily it's in a small area.

or maybe someone has a better idea?

Love the guard you picked up. Look forward to this Columbia falling into place.

Don't forget to put your pin in the BONINE WORLD MAP
http://bit.ly/1nsYqVU
Then go to Additions > Add Marker - Simple

Sooo lucky your Mom had a Boys Bike !
Very Nice....

~RafaeL~

So I finely got my frame back from the welder, and he did a great job
he also fixed my bent crank the sad thing is I could not use it it was to big for the chain guard I ended up using a 1951 WesterFlyer crank
IMG_9660_zpsc72114e6.jpg

IMG_9664_zpse80f7087.jpg

IMG_9665_zps799d1096.jpg

IMG_9666_zps3a35d6e9.jpg

IMG_9662_zps3680898d.jpg

IMG_9669_zpsd6812660.jpg

here is a little before and after
IMG_8663_zpsce6a3060.jpg

IMG_9661_zpsa305afed.jpg

here is the crank that I ended up using
IMG_9675_zps29f4ebdb.jpg

brand new chain
IMG_9671_zps4fb1d266.jpg

IMG_9676_zps60552601.jpg

as I post this the bike is basically done just some little things left to do :rockout:

Last edited:
Everything really cleaned up to a nice patina! Love the color combo.

Latest posts

Back