Old Sears Parts Bike A Rider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I got his old bike on barter. Knew the seat, sissy bars and 3 speed click shifter had some value. Removed these parts and replaced with parts that I already had and converted it to single speed with coaster brake. Added new tubes, chain and cleaned up. Could use a paint job but gonna let buyer do wat he wants. I think it looks cool and ratty just the way it is.

Before

After

Looks real good! I have always liked orange bikes. Something about orange that is cool to me.

Eventually I do plan on doing some bike builds but just don't have the time or space to dedicate to it. I absolutely love old bikes and one of my goals is to completely restore an old bike in really poor shape. My last kid is moving out at the end of this month and my wife and I will be selling our home in the Burbs to move further out and into a nice ranch style home with a lot of space to store my motorhome and have a a nice shop for me to work in. I want to buy a small sandblasting kit and a decent spray gun. I plan on taking auto painting at the local community college adult education program. I really want to do this right!

Just joined the forum
So I got his old bike on barter. Knew the seat, sissy bars and 3 speed click shifter had some value. Removed these parts and replaced with parts that I already had and converted it to single speed with coaster brake. Added new tubes, chain and cleaned up. Could use a paint job but gonna let buyer do wat he wants. I think it looks cool and ratty just the way it is.

Before

After

Are you in Houston? Saw this on Houston craigslist,good price.I have one on Houston craigslist also,only asking 50 bucks and have had no interest

Just joined the forum

Are you in Houston? Saw this on Houston craigslist,good price.I have one on Houston craigslist also,only asking 50 bucks and have had no interest

I am in Houston and I saw your ad. It is a cool Frankenbike type muscle bike. The tires and crank look like BMX parts. I like the funky ape hangers. You should find someone to sell it to at that price. I dabble in muscle bikes more than cruisers these days and I have learned a few things along the way. Unless you plan on doing a serious restoration, try to keep the bike as original as possible even if the frame and chrome have rust. Break out the 0000 steel wool and go to town on it. A new chain and new tubes will not break the bank. I also lube and repack all bearings on bikes. I buy the 90 weight grease at Autozone for 5 bucks which is the same as the much more expensive bike grease. After that, a lot of elbow grease.

I have had interest in the bike but arranging meet time has been difficult for a number of reasons. It is a cool bike and I know I will sell it especially at that price.

I am in Houston and I saw your ad. It is a cool Frankenbike type muscle bike. The tires and crank look like BMX parts. I like the funky ape hangers. You should find someone to sell it to at that price. I dabble in muscle bikes more than cruisers these days and I have learned a few things along the way. Unless you plan on doing a serious restoration, try to keep the bike as original as possible even if the frame and chrome have rust. Break out the 0000 steel wool and go to town on it. A new chain and new tubes will not break the bank. I also lube and repack all bearings on bikes. I buy the 90 weight grease at Autozone for 5 bucks which is the same as the much more expensive bike grease. After that, a lot of elbow grease.

I have had interest in the bike but arranging meet time has been difficult for a number of reasons. It is a cool bike and I know I will sell it especially at that price.

Ok thanks for advice
I bought the bike like it is years ago,if I cant get 50 bucks for it might as well keep it

Only $50 and no interest ? Man if that were here I would have jumped on it . I like that a lot !
I was talking about my bike,not the one at top.I have this one for sale for 50 bucks
mb_1.jpg

Before

After

That is super cool !!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back