RRBBO13 OMF Coaster Brake Racer 2.0

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a few days of not getting to any work, but still managed to get some done. The good thing about sewing leather is that it’s easily and cleaner to transfer into the house while I’m watching the kiddo, so I finished up my frame bag! A huge feeling of success for me on such a small little purse. Closing it up was on the last seams were tricky, but I got it.
I also got my dropper post working. It’s a rockshox reverb that I got for free, otherwise I wouldn’t mess with one that actuated hydraulically. They’re pretty much always trouble, so looking forward to it failing right when I need it. But for now it works.
Also got my tires mounted tubeless. Another pro-tip for you; when new tires don’t want to seal and inflate tubeless, just put in a tube! Overnight is usually long enough, I left mine for a few days. It resets the shape of the bead and tire into, well, tire shape. Then take the tube out, put in valves and sealant and whammo! They aired up right away with no drama. So hooray for me. I have some time to finish stuff up today so look for a some beautiful pics coming soon...

This top corner got an undesired funky lil wrinkle. Guess my novice leathercrafting will show. But actually won’t show on the bike because that spot is hidden by the frame gusset hahaha

I always air up the tubeless tires with a tube first. It really does help set the bead. Then, I usually only undo one side of the tire to slide the tube out, with the other bead remaining pretty much attached to the rim.

Leather work is top notch!

I'm trying to get a size perspective on this frame, it looks long in the C-C seat tube to head tube, but your seat height is pretty low. Especially if you just got off from riding it and took the pics. How tall are you ? Could we see a ride video for comparison?

Looks like a solid ride, do you get some nice vertical compliance from the steel; especially your off-set dual top tubes?

Yeah I’ve got short legs. Haha no really that’s with the dropper post down. It’s about like a regular mountain bike large. It felt pretty comfortable for the little bit I took out that day, didn’t have much time.

C58DF227-3BD7-440C-BD5F-062EF800387E.jpeg

Oh jeez it still flips it upside down but that’s regular seat height

Excellent craftsmanship continues on this build!
Classy brother!

We just did CBC 20 #1 and belted out 16 miles, Patrick's rig held up to the tortures of the Coaster Brake Challenge so we think it is worthy...:)
Any pics of the action?

worked for me, tried it twice. Try cutting and pasting it in your browser.

Latest posts

Back