Omnium Cycle Works - 1996?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had this bike for a few years now. I used to volunteer with Project Recycle(now Hopecycle.org) in Colorado and this bike was headed to the scrap yard. I thought it was a cheap chinese cruiser so I saved this bike primarily for the front aluminum fork. I also saw it had a Nexus 7 speed, it had surface rust on all the chrome(but not the frame), dry rotted tires, just overall dirty, some cheap plastic pedals and plastic chain guard and a dry rotted seat. As I was cleaning it, I realized the 7 speed with coaster brake was functioning properly and the whole frame is aluminum, Wow!
So it was a keeper and since then I've changed the handlebars, pedals, tires, seat, and took off the plastic chain guard, and replaced the sealed bottom bracket.
There is not a head badge, but there is a sticker on the lower seat tube that says Omnium Cycle Works. I googled it and found out the company was around in 1996 with a home base in California. I have yet to see or hear of another one of these bikes. Does anyone know any more about these bikes?

Attachments

• 20220111_163006.jpg
    20220111_163006.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 20220107_123607.jpg
    20220107_123607.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 50
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe @Dizzle Problems has an answer, being that they were in Santa Maria, CA until 2019.

They also appear to have contracted for fabrication on a few big name brands.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had this bike for a few years now. I used to volunteer with Project Recycle(now Hopecycle.org) in Colorado and this bike was headed to the scrap yard. I thought it was a cheap chinese cruiser so I saved this bike primarily for the front aluminum fork. I also saw it had a Nexus 7 speed, it had surface rust on all the chrome(but not the frame), dry rotted tires, just overall dirty, some cheap plastic pedals and plastic chain guard and a dry rotted seat. As I was cleaning it, I realized the 7 speed with coaster brake was functioning properly and the whole frame is aluminum, Wow!
So it was a keeper and since then I've changed the handlebars, pedals, tires, seat, and took off the plastic chain guard, and replaced the sealed bottom bracket.
There is not a head badge, but there is a sticker on the lower seat tube that says Omnium Cycle Works. I googled it and found out the company was around in 1996 with a home base in California. I have yet to see or hear of another one of these bikes. Does anyone know any more about these bikes?
I have a Mountain Bike from Omnium Cycle Works since 1998 or so. I have not been able to find much information on this company. I have been using is as an exercise bike for the last 3 years or so. It is a bike that simply keeps running and the suspension folks are still awesome. I brought it into a bike shop here in Florida and their immediate reaction was to say it was an old Rock Hopper, but of course it is not. Seems like a bit of a mystery company. When I looked it up on Google Maps, the building is there, but there is no indication that the business is there any longer.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Mountain Bike from Omnium Cycle Works since 1998 or so. I have not been able to find much information on this company. I have been using is as an exercise bike for the last 3 years or so. It is a bike that simply keeps running and the suspension folks are still awesome. I brought it into a bike shop here in Florida and their immediate reaction was to say it was an old Rock Hopper, but of course it is not. Seems like a bit of a mystery company. When I looked it up on Google Maps, the building is there, but there is no indication that the business is there any longer.
Seems I've found the same info, I did try to trace the owners that are listed, but haven't had much luck there. Can you share a photo of the mountain bike?

Latest posts