One more from Michigan

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks

I was told about this site by a fellow who also resides here in Monroe Michigan who bought a crusty girls Rollfast bike from me. I'm on the CABE already so I figured I'd join here as well. My bikes aren't what you'd call "rat" I suppose, more resto/custom, but they're both old 40's CWC Roadmasters, one for me, one for the wife..Oh, and a cute pink banana seat Huffy for my daughter once she gets out of training wheels. Once I get my bikes finished I have a 60's Huffy frame hanging up in the garage I'd like to make a rat bike out of.

I grew up around show cars, both my grandfather and father own them, and I had a few nice ones, including a sweet '69 SuperBee and a nice California original '69 Satellite wagon (should never have gotten rid of that one), and I also dabbled in demolition derbies for a few years, but since my finances aren't what they used to be and since my daughter was born, I've had to pare down the hobby bit. I went from cars, to motor scooters (I had 2 Vespas, a GTS 250 and a PX 200), and now I'm into bicycles....Which is where I started from as a kid anyway.

I've worked for Ford, rode the roller coaster, for 14 years now, worked in 2 plants so far, currently in Dearborn, building F-150's. Anyway, the rat rod deal, be it cars or pickup trucks, or bikes, I think is pretty cool. Eventually I'd like to get myself an old car or pickup and do it up, but we'll see.

In case you're wondering what my avatar is, it's the cover of the Genesis album "Nursery Cryme"...I'm a big fan of so-called "prog rock", like early Genesis, Yes, ELP, Rush, etc. Reverend Horton Heat is pretty cool though too.

Here's my Roadmaster....That incorrect repop springer is no longer on the bike; I am awaiting a correct '47-49 Shockmaster springer, and a correct fork mounted ball light..Bike should be all done, minus a tank which I've yet been unable to find, in a couple weeks. It's powder coated Eastwood ruby red, and has a period Morrow rear hub, along with the correct CWC skip tooth crank. I put the luxury liner chain guard on because I think it's pretty. Also, the bike now has red block Wald pedals (I didn't care to spring for the starburst Torrington repops), which at least look older than the common black new replacement pedals it has in that picture. The fenders are original; I had my buddy who did the powder coating tig weld the holes and hammer and dolly the peak back into the front one.

roadmasterafter1.jpg

Hello and welcome from Holland MI . Nice job on the Roadmaster. Brian

Latest posts

Back