ORBO 2016 VOTING THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick your favorite OFF-ROAD bikes!

• 1: SkiTrap by @Falstaff

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • 2: The Budget Klunker by @Rat Rod

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • 3: Plan 9 from outer space by @us56456712

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • 4: Mesa Büggie by @OddJob

Votes: 29 45.3%
  • 5: HD Klunker by @aka_locojoe

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • 6: Mister Schwinnster by @ind-chuckz

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • 7: Mini-Klunk by @Wildcat

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • 8: KlunkFast by @bikedudeomaha

• 9: Massif build by @blown240

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • 10: Bomber '40 Special by @metalchewy

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • 11: The Flunker by @Vonpotter

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • 12: Dead Metal by @GuitarlCarl

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • 13: Overland Bomber by @KJV

• 14: Grizzly by @joel.romeo.79

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • 15: Ajax by @deorman

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • 16: '38 Shelby Klunkinator by @Bigcam59

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • 17: Klunkerbolt by @Roadie64

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • 18: Eurorat by @nosferatu1381

• 19: KLUNK THIS! by @hammer mechanic

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • 20: Heavy Duti Rocket by @horsefarmer

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • 21: Hanter the Elite Beast by @Psycho Sammi

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • 22: Green Lantern by @moleman

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • 23: One Bad AMFer by @Georgeediii

Votes: 31 48.4%
  • 24: Jane by @Danny Lopez

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • 25: The Sportsman by @jamesdart

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • 26: MasterSports/CyclePro Revamp by @LukeTheJoker

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • 27: White Trasher (aka Dirty White Boy) by @MONARKofSoCal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lots of great bikes in this competition, congrats to everyone. I ended up voting for 9 bikes.

Normally I'm not a fan of overly processed photos, but the photo by @metalchewy looks very cool. The composition is also a big part of the appeal for me. It actually helped to win over one of my votes. (Cool bike too).
20160228_100509-01.jpeg

I am an off-road bike rider at heart. Spent 14 seasons on the Midwest regional mountain bike racing circuit and sponsored races and events for 10 of those. Edited a couple of mt bike magazines and newsletters. But the sheer joy of building and riding this klunker of mine is hard to beat ! @jamesdart , I hear ya. I have already built two klunkers in the past 8 months and I can feel another one coming on.....it's in our blood....:crazy:
Sounds like you had a lot of fun then and with this build. Thats so cool! I enjoyed it thoroughly as well.

Keep us posted! Maybe we should have a sub-group of klunker builders.... :nod: I think there might be a few candidates in this build off forum.
Will post a thread once I pull the parts together and do a mocked up ride.

An Off Road Builds sub group, Thats not a bad idea. I had a lot of fun with this build and feel at home with the stance and feel of the off road ride. I plan to make a few more at least.

I Have a good start on my God daughters 70s Rollfast bomber as well.

Still Looking for that right idea for something fun in build off eleven.

Building... riding...

Lots of great bikes in this competition, congrats to everyone. I ended up voting for 9 bikes.
Thanks Renaissance Man!

I voted for more than 10. It was way to hard to pick just a few. Too many met my perfect ride criteria...

Thanks @GuitarCarl as well for the kind comments. You got one of mine as well!

Building... riding...

Keep us posted! Maybe we should have a sub-group of klunker builders.... :nod: I think there might be a few candidates in this build off forum.
Maybe RatRod would consider adding a category under "Other Bikes" for Klunkers?
I don't really know why, but I find myself fascinated by the heavy duty Mountain bike and BMX parts I find at swaps thinking "Boy would that look cool on a klunker"....
Spokeshop%20mural.jpg

Maybe RatRod would consider adding a category under "Other Bikes" for Klunkers?
I don't really know why, but I find myself fascinated by the heavy duty Mountain bike and BMX parts I find at swaps thinking "Boy would that look cool on a klunker"....
Spokeshop%20mural.jpg
That sounds like a good idea HF! Maybe I will send him a message and ask how those categories get set up. If so...I expect we can count on you for membership in the "Things that go Klunk in the Woods" club? :grin:

#6, #23 and #24. I misread the rules, again, I thought I only had three votes. There were more I would have voted for.

rock the vote for some great builds bump

Votes are going well!
All the builds are getting votes, I really like the 'vote for as many as you like' set up, allows for more appreciation of the work involved to be shown!

Luke.

Yes! @horsefarmer ^ that is good news! I just started the first thread for the "Klunkers" part of the forum. If we all start our threads with the word "klunker" in front of it, they might be easier to find when we are looking for like-minded builders and ideas. Just a suggestion.

Let's see those pics of your projects and some of those really creative ideas that popped up during the ORBO! Including ride videos of your klunkers and building techniques...... Rat on!

This was definitely a fun build off, it was really hard to vote without just voting for everyone. I just voted for the bikes I would ride and put in my collection.
Congrats to everyone, still some voting time ; and a couple are really close. Should be down to the wire on this one.

Voting is over!

Here is the top 10!

1: One Bad AMFer by @Georgeediii -31 votes.

2: Mesa Büggie by @OddJob -29 votes.
=3:
Bomber '40 Special by @metalchewy -27 votes.
=3: KLUNK THIS! by @hammer mechanic -27 votes.
5: The Sportsman by @jamesdart -24 votes.
6: The Flunker by @Vonpotter -23 votes.
7: Mister Schwinnster by @ind-chuckz -20 votes.
8: '38 Shelby Klunkinator by @Bigcam59 -19 votes.
9: Green Lantern by @moleman -17 votes.
10: SkiTrap by @Falstaff -15 votes.

Congrats to everyone, it was a great build-off!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back