(ORBO) "Jane" (Formerly Raceliner)-New Paint and Assembly

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should make for a cool build, welds look good on the forks. Will be watching.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Looks like a great starting point. Welcome to the fray! Rat on!

Oh, like Star Trek a "reboot".
ent198-img-041.jpg

Got some stuff done last night. Removed bridges from the stays and spread the rear triangle open to accept the 80mm wheel. I'm going to wait on the knobby tires for final fitment so that i can weld in new bridges. Here are the clearances so far...

This is cool. I have been wanting to ad a second entry to orbo and I had some pretty similar ideas. I am stalling at the bottom bracket though.

This is cool. I have been wanting to ad a second entry to orbo and I had some pretty similar ideas. I am stalling at the bottom bracket though.

The bottom bracket isnt as big of a deal as it seams. There's always room to shim over and different types of bottom bracket that you can space out. I think im going to go 3pc sealed bmx crank on this one.

I ordered some stuff, I'm waiting for it all to show up and ill see if its worth starting another entry. I was thinking id have to weld in a new BB shell.

Got some stuff done last night. Removed bridges from the stays and spread the rear triangle open to accept the 80mm wheel. I'm going to wait on the knobby tires for final fitment so that i can weld in new bridges. Here are the clearances so far...

Hey Danny if you need some cranks I've got some that work pretty cool with that build you can have.

Jumping into this a little late. Entry no.1 into the ORBO with this spaceliner frame that i have no info on. Attempted to build a fork out of some extras i have laying around. And a 26x80 3spd wheelset from another build im switching out parts on. And handlebars from my buddy Chuck

And MTB rigid fork build attempt

Nice welds.

- by Gigmata

got some primmer on the fork.

....and then this happened...
This is the only mock up i will be doing. I've marked for clearances and things i need to cut and fit. I will run my new shifter cable tomorrow, then i will blow it all apart to weld and prep for paint while i wait on the rest of the parts. also have to fab a seat post. Here it is...

Looking good
Agreed.

Following this build is kicking my butt, I can see anything on RRB with my phone just like I have for the past year. But not this build, I can only see it on tapatalk.

I persevere tho, I'm digging the wheel/tire combo.

Agreed.

Following this build is kicking my butt, I can see anything on RRB with my phone just like I have for the past year. But not this build, I can only see it on tapatalk.

I persevere tho, I'm digging the wheel/tire combo.

Yea pretty sik.

Latest posts

Back