(ORBO) KLUNK THIS! IS FINISHED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday was 70F and got to do some painting.
Made some stencils out of masking tape.
052.JPG

053.JPG

I chickened out on my original paint scheme. Therefore, I have yet another red bike.
054.JPG

055.JPG

Still not quite finished but I had to put everything I had together and see how it rides.
016.JPG

Didn't find the bars I wanted with more rise, so I went with a longer stem.
019.JPG

022.JPG

The MTX 33s built up nicely. Had trouble at first, but found out that my nipples were too long. Wheelsmith straight 14 gauge stainless spokes.
023.JPG

Tried to find a longer axle for the track hub. No dice with the sealed bearing setup. Just enough threads, I hope.
024.JPG

025.JPG

And yes, the bash guard lets you see the chain go round and round. Hate to hide that shiny Kool Chain. Running a 40T up front. Crankset from a Fuji road bike.
026.JPG

The 20T cog looks good and shiny on the Bendix 70. The Mod on the hub worked out really well. Bike rolls super smooth with the hub mod, the sealed bottom bracket and the track hub up front. And it stops good to boot. Track nuts from Porkchop BMX add to the shiny theme.
027.JPG

029.JPG

Cromo seat post courtesy of Porkchop BMX. Brooks B72 courtesy of an old Raleigh.
030.JPG

Just need to finish up some odds and ends.

Yeah very nice bike came out great . Love the paint , & drive train great attention to detail [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I broke the bike down today and dropped the frame/fork off at the pinstriper. Hopefully he can fix my tape line issues with the paint job. I know this isn't a necessity with a klunker, but if the pinstriper does a good job, he may have a repeat customer.

Latest posts

Back