(ORBO) Warrior

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna be busy thos quarter with work, so mocking it up now.

Neck is Stuck, stuck. Will need some finesse to get it out. Or, a really big hammer... o_O

Cantilever braked and shocked fork. French Sprint Seat needing a 're-skin'

Building... riding...

Cutoff wheel on the grinder and off it came!!!

This 180mm Black Ops one piece hooked right up to the paired gear I pulled off a Peugeot Mtn Bike a couple years ago.

Fits with plenty of clearance.

Added a sun race rear derailer a chain some pedals. Narrower 1.95 rear tire, and it a a riding klunker mockup.

Heavier on the nose than I expected.

Building... riding...

Looking good MC! I like how the desert gives your frames that built in patina. And yeah, those old sus forks were in the 4+ lb range, about 3x the weight of the rigid ones! Is your front wheel a size bigger?

Looking good MC! I like how the desert gives your frames that built in patina. And yeah, those old sus forks were in the 4+ lb range, about 3x the weight of the rigid ones! Is your front wheel a size bigger?
I like the desert baked natural petina as well. Seems to make the frames unique. I'm 2 for 4
On saving the stuck necks. One I cut out (this one. One I almost twisted in half before it released.

In that pic, the front tire size is wider. Front 2.25 vs 1.95 rear. I found another 1.95 that I put on it last night to even it out. It doesnt look as meaty, but will work as a matched set until I widen the Stays. I plan to have ate least 2.4"ers on it before the end, or wider.

I have three other Shocked forks, was going to try them each out over the course of the build. These ones matched the frame and had the cooler Brakes :). The adjustable forks I had walked away on a Jeep Mtn Bike I had put together. Will get her figured out.

Building... riding...

I like the desert baked natural petina as well. Seems to make the frames unique. I'm 2 for 4
On saving the stuck necks. One I cut out (this one. One I almost twisted in half before it released.

In that pic, the front tire size is wider. Front 2.25 vs 1.95 rear. I found another 1.95 that I put on it last night to even it out. It doesnt look as meaty, but will work as a matched set until I widen the Stays. I plan to have ate least 2.4"ers on it before the end, or wider.

I have three other Shocked forks, was going to try them each out over the course of the build. These ones matched the frame and had the cooler Brakes :). The adjustable forks I had walked away on a Jeep Mtn Bike I had put together. Will get her figured out.

Building... riding...
I am actually kind of intrigued about building a 69er, as Trek called them. 29" wheel / tire combo up front for rolling over stuff; 26" wheel and 2.4 or bigger tire in back for traction / quick acceleration. Not original idea obviously, but one I'd like to pursue. Have a Surly 700c fork left over from a winter commuter bike, should fit a 29 x 2.4 or bigger and then stick a wider rimmed fat 26" tire in the rear.....

I am actually kind of intrigued about building a 69er, as Trek called them. 29" wheel / tire combo up front for rolling over stuff; 26" wheel and 2.4 or bigger tire in back for traction / quick acceleration. Not original idea obviously, but one I'd like to pursue. Have a Surly 700c fork left over from a winter commuter bike, should fit a 29 x 2.4 or bigger and then stick a wider rimmed fat 26" tire in the rear.....
Thats a good thought on the 69er. 29s should fit 700c fork :)

Got a pic at first light.

This firestone has about 2" more in frame height than my hard rock...

Building... riding...

I had to laugh at myself when looking at the Firestone next to your shiny new Specialized: The Firestone looked so much more appealing to me! Is there a twelve-step program for this hobby? Can't wait to see your final results.
Hehe, the rusty and patina draw me in as well. That shiny new specialized is 13 years old, but still a young one compared to the firestone.

There is no hope for us, I would fail the twelve step program, as the next time I saw one, it would be the same thoughts to go for the rust...

Building... riding...

Want to borrow my HAMMER ? IMG_20160109_225233.JPG

I had to laugh at myself when looking at the Firestone next to your shiny new Specialized: The Firestone looked so much more appealing to me! Is there a twelve-step program for this hobby? Can't wait to see your final results.
Well sd, we are kind of in the "recovery" business....:whistle:

I tried to put. 2.40 tire on this, and no matter how hard hard I tried, I could only fit in a 2.125
I extended the dimples, it had 1.95s on it that were heavy and hard side walled.

Vice grips, a broken punch and a rounded exhaust bracket to extend the chainstay dimples.

The 2.124 cruiser tire barely fits

The bars were too low, found another set of mtg bars and now its Moe comfortable on the shoulders.

Looks a bit more like a mountain bike!.

Building... riding...

We did a bedroom remodel for a friend's son and he wanted M Dew colors and I thought yuk, but no it looked cool. I can't do it this time but sooner or later I'm gonna do a nascar/indy kinda build with sponsors all over the bike... but tasteful with a nice paint scheme... no I'm just gonna sticker bomb something one of these days. Hehe.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back