Ordering bike parts through Home Depot_Ship to Store Free

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started getting some parts through Home Depot online....
Not sure if this is the best well kept secret, but I betcha somebody's gonna find this interesting :happy:

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Playsets...Parts-Accessories/N-5yc1vZc4o8?Nao=48&Ns=None

It's weird, because I just ordered a few one speed freewheels for my SS conversions
and they're going to be shipped to 'my store' free, and I'll get a text when they're in.( approx. 4 days). which is cool because I'm within 2 miles of either Home Depot in my town.
freewfs.jpg

If I ordered and had them sent to me...shipping was like 10 bucks or something..and it was going to take a week and a half...:13:
What's up with that? lol
anyway, thought you'd like a heads up
tires, tubes, freewheels, grip shifters, chains, cassettes..lots more that I didn't look through.
:happy:
franco

Interesting. I wonder what shopping site they are tied too.
Never would have thought you could get bike stuff via HD

Interesting. I wonder what shopping site they are tied too.
Never would have thought you could get bike stuff via HD

probably a bunch of different suppliers...keeps the fleet neat without having to pay twice the cost at my LBS, just because they're so cool over there. lol.

they have alot of stuff u wouldent think they would,i order medica supplies from them,the parts are $2.37 compared to$28.00 at the med supply store

See there? that's unbelievable.
I heard about the Home Depot thing...its at Lowe's too...different suppliers filling up shipping space on their trucks
I'd like to support my local bike shop....no , waitaminit...actually NOT
I wandered in there about a yr. ago ... got a chain for a mtn bike...and later that day was over at MallWart and saw the same exact chain...for 1/2 the price..:bigboss:.
But, some folks have more money then sense as they say.
People should try this, almost every discussion about parts is bitchn' about the shippin'...:happy: problem solved.

I know bike people keep pushing how we should support the LBS and I don't much like Home Depot, but I build custom bikes, so having mechanics around isn't a service I need and when I went in to the LBS to get a single rear brake-length cable (the typical front cable length that comes in a kit was too short) and it cost me more than a whole kit of brake cable AND housing, I think I hit the number that exceeded how much I cared to make a point.

People should try this, almost every discussion about parts is bitchn' about the shippin'...:happy: problem solved.

Now if could only get HD to let us drop off our For Sale parts at their local stores and have them ship them for free to our buyers HD store. :)

I took a look through the website, didn't see any tires. But I'll keep looking.

I took a look through the website, didn't see any tires. But I'll keep looking.

apparently,, some of the stuff doesn't ship to store...and some does...a good percentage of basic 'stuff', and some not so basic stuff will ship to store...I guess it's a bit hit or miss..

I know bike people keep pushing how we should support the LBS and I don't much like Home Depot, but I build custom bikes, so having mechanics around isn't a service I need and when I went in to the LBS to get a single rear brake-length cable (the typical front cable length that comes in a kit was too short) and it cost me more than a whole kit of brake cable AND housing, I think I hit the number that exceeded how much I cared to make a point.

I hear that. I can see it if you need some custom part in a hurry, otherwise Ill just wait & find what I need online....not a home depot shopper here either....

Used to be pretty common for independent hardware stores to have some bikes and a parts counter, before Home Depot wiped most of them out.

just looked at lowes site,over18,000 bike parts,plus a ton of bikes

haven't checked that yet. that's a lot of parts, should be able to find something there we need.... :thumbsup:
I noticed that the parts I ordered to Home Depot were cheaper than I could get them through MalWart. gotta watch them dollars....
I never imagined in a million years.. I'd be buying bike cable, housing and a few freewheels through Home Depot....still cracks me up.
:happy:

those ss freewheels are tough to get off. You have to cut them off. There is no tool that fits them. I've used them to flip SS conversions.

those ss freewheels are tough to get off. You have to cut them off. There is no tool that fits them. I've used them to flip SS conversions.
I weld the outside to the inside on them and then spin them off with a chainwhip.

saves puttin up with some of the bad attitudes of bike shop employees!!

I hear that...last time I went in , I was pretty much ignored by two hipsters that were assembling a new $600.00 beach cruiser. Here I am, just a lowly man wanting a bike chain...and when I saw the same chain at wal' mart...that did it for me...they didn't even repackage them...was just some cheap Bell chain, somethin' like that..like they bought a bunch at walWart...and marked them up
:cool2:

I weld the outside to the inside on them and then spin them off with a chainwhip.

Hi Luke, you weld the outside of 'what' to 'what"....
All I can picture is that stopping the freewheel action?

I may be 'freewheel' impaired,:bigsmile: good chance of that, cuz I never used these, usually just keep the cog I want and use spacers.
:doh:

Latest posts

Back