P-40 Cruiser - NEW faux gun barrel concept

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: P-40 Cruiser - NEW Painted Mock Up pic!!! - Check it out

I agree that the hand drawing did it no justice... :D
This is HOT! It's gonna be cool :mrgreen:

Re: P-40 Cruiser

Gdcast said:
...and one resin smelly boat :lol:
Even the fish are mad at you I bet!
Great tank, my congrats!

Actually no fish were angered in the making of this tank :) I did the resin coat while visiting my parents in AZ (a long way from the ocean). You're right about the smell though, I learned real quick to do all fiberglass work OUTSIDE!

Hey I tried to find Foose's P-32 but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Is that a build off bike? Post a link so I can check it out if you get a chance. Thanks!

MatthewRobertHenry said:
Gdcast said:
...and one resin smelly boat :lol:
Even the fish are mad at you I bet!
Great tank, my congrats!

Actually no fish were angered in the making of this tank :) I did the resin coat while visiting my parents in AZ (a long way from the ocean). You're right about the smell though, I learned real quick to do all fiberglass work OUTSIDE!

Hey I tried to find Foose's P-32 but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Is that a build off bike? Post a link so I can check it out if you get a chance. Thanks!
Probably this car here:
http://image.streetrodderweb.com/f/9080 ... or_web.jpg
Chip Foose is a car builder (Foose)
Has a line of rims and what not...

Pinche said:
Very cool build. Is the frame going to be the same color as the rest of the plane? What other parts are going on as far as sprocket, maybe fenders or bars?

Thanks! I decided I love the look of the whirewheeled aluminum so I'm gonna finish stripping it and clearcoat it as is. As far as extras there won't be many - just what's pictured plus the original components. This is the mock up with all the painted components. One thing I do plan on tracking down are some of those bullet hole decals. I think sprinkling a few of those around will be pretty cool.

FOUND OBJECTS said:
I agree that the hand drawing did it no justice... :D
This is HOT! It's gonna be cool :mrgreen:
THANKS!!! Glad you like it. I can't wait to get it together and take it for a spin. I'm especially stoked to see the prop in action.

Looking awesome! I too am a fan of the bare aluminium look, and it suites your bike and the theme down to a T, and man the red rims pop so well against it too!

I found about the resin smell the hard way too! it´s awful when it mixes with food smell...
Here is another link to Fooses´ P-32
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/31/sema ... 2-hot-rod/

Some think he made a mistake building this car, I personally would love to own it.
chip_foose_p-32.jpg

Gdcast said:
I found about the resin smell the hard way too! it´s awful when it mixes with food smell...
Here is another link to Fooses´ P-32
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/31/sema ... 2-hot-rod/

Some think he made a mistake building this car, I personally would love to own it.
chip_foose_p-32.jpg

Thanks, I'm with you on that car it is way sweet and it's hard to imagine any of Foose's rides being a mistake. I would gladly have any of his mistakes :).

So I tripped over my electrical toolbag today and accidentally broke a grill lighter I had in there for heatschrinking electrical connectors (all marine electrical has to be watertight if you want to avoid diagnosing endless connectivity problems). I was about to throw it away when I got inspired :idea: . The steel tube looks like it would be just about the right size for a sweet little machine gun barrel on the P-40 bike. Where do you think I should put it, maybe the chain guard :?: Maybe I'll take some aluminum sheeting and drill a grid of holes in it then wrap it around the barrel like heat shielding on a machine gun. I definitely think this needs to find it's way onto the bike
P6224137.jpg

i think the gun idea is fabulous!, but i think you can do alot better than the grill lighter. :)
you should fabricate one from scratch using a bigger/solid barrel (with heat shield of course.)

good luck!

Nicely Done. Love seeing bikes you see everyday completely transformed into hottness. Good show!

16 months later... the bike is complete!

I started this bike with the birth of my first son, hoping to complete it while I was on paternity leave and in time for the RRB build off #5. I didn't make either deadline and as it turns out having a son keeps you pretty busy. So the bike, unfinished, was carefully wrapped in plastic and stored in the bilge. Then about 6 weeks ago I had a pretty solid lead on a 67 hotrod mustang that I really wanted. My wife had a few conditions for me getting a hotrod and one of them was get the bike out of the bilge and onto Craigslist. So with renewed motivation I made time for it once again...
Now, though the hotrod deal fell through, the bike is complete! It's funny that I put it off so long, it really didn't take that much time or work to finish it :roll:.
My wife still wants me to sell it and I will (the boat dock is no place for a pretty bike, the salt air and marine layer are just too much) but there isn't any big rush :wink:.
I do have a nice surprise for the RRB community though. Instead of some pictures to post I have made a short video showcasing the bike. I think I'll start a new thread for that because honestly, this thread is so old and who is really following a Build Off that ended 16 months ago? You shouldn't have to wait long, the video is edited and I'm uploading it to youtube today. Hope everyone likes it 8)

Latest posts

Back