Panther Pink Schwinn Krate

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not a fresh find but was back in November when I bought this. It started life out as we think a Lemon Peeler. But is VERY ROUGH conditions.
I acquired most parts locally & didn't want just another Krate in one of the 6 (7) factory colors. I wanted to build a tribute to the Mopar high impact Panther Pink/Moulin Rouge color. This is what I created.
Got the seat in today. I just need cables, levers & a chain. I have them all sitting here just need to add them in a few minutes.

A pic of this bike when I got it.

Last edited:
I KNEW I SAW THAT BIKE ON HERE!
SORRY MY PHONE IS DOING CAPS ONLY.
I LOVED THAT BIKE! BUT ESPECIALLY THE TOP FUELER!! "MEANT TO BE IN CAPS" NICE RIDES!!!
I HAD THE JC HIGGINS RATROD BIKE WITH THE TALL APEHANGER BARS.

Yea. I know your bike. Pretty cool Rat! I just picked up a JC Higgins today that I might make a Rat Rod out of. Skip tooth setup now. Your bike looked good. Thank you for the compliments. I will be at some other shows/rides.

That turned out super!!! I want to do one that is yellowish green and call it the "Nose Picker".

Nice project RareBMX, came out awesome!

Sorry for the late props, was at the shows this weekend!

Hey,
This looks like an old thread. I hope this finds you. I'm building a bike that is alot like yours instead I'm using a girl's frame. What decals did you use for the chain guard ? judging by the wording you spliced 2 different ones together. Mine might be a "Panther Krate" or just a "Pink Panther" if I can find the word "pink" that is written right. I've seen self stick decals and the kind you soak in water. I was just checking to see what you did. I love your bike !!

Latest posts

Back