BO15 Papa's ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between Sunday evening and a couple hours after work yesterday I got most of my bike together. Pretty much just need a few things left like the chain and shifter and figure out how I'm going to hold the tank in place.
20200706_190700.jpg

Three or four spots of JB Weld would probably hold it. My 'floating flame' on Trans-MIG-RaT from last year is held in place that way. Or on my current bike, and others in the past, I've used Goop glue. My rear tail light assembly is held to the fender of RaTs GaSs that way, and is holding strong. Let it sit over night for 24 hrs before you move it. And with Goop, it's easy to peel away the excess after and it doesn't affect the paint.
goop glue.jpg

The bike is looking awesome, Brian!

Three or four spots of JB Weld would probably hold it. My 'floating flame' on Trans-MIG-RaT from last year is held in place that way. Or on my current bike, and others in the past, I've used Goop glue. My rear tail light assembly is held to the fender of RaTs GaSs that way, and is holding strong. Let it sit over night for 24 hrs before you move it. And with Goop, it's easy to peel away the excess after and it doesn't affect the paint.
View attachment 128183

The bike is looking awesome, Brian!
Thanks I will give that a try if I don't figure something else out.

I had a lot of catching up to do on this one. WOW!!! All of your paint is incredible. The frame, the wheels, the graphics! Superb!!! And the build just flows so nicely. Excellent work!

I had a lot of catching up to do on this one. WOW!!! All of your paint is incredible. The frame, the wheels, the graphics! Superb!!! And the build just flows so nicely. Excellent work!
Thanks KF I have been trying to keep up with builds but too many and not enough time.

The wife had picked up some citronella candles that came in a little bucket. I told her soon as they were done the buckets was mine.
20200712_191159.jpg

So I was at the flea market this weekend and found this light lens says tractor on it.
20200712_140547.jpg

It was missing the seal which made it loose so I took a piece of wire insulation and filled the gap
20200713_173333.jpg

Forgot to get a pic dooh picked up these lights probably gonna look for something else thought not very bright.
20200713_173238.jpg
20200713_173253.jpg

Cut the back off the lens and used the shell to hold the light.
20200713_173141.jpg
20200713_173152.jpg
20200713_174344.jpg

Reassembled the light and shoved it into the bucket perfect fit. Then I made a bracket for the bucket for a gooseneck light bracket I had.
20200713_174706.jpg
20200713_174848.jpg
20200712_190721.jpg

Next I need to figure out what I want to do with the shifter.

Great work on the bucket light conversion.
How does it look with the rest of the bike?

The rest of the build is so crisp and sharp the finish on the bucket seems a bit rustic for the build.
Just my opinion, but I think any light there kinda takes away from the killer bars.

It's cool and I appreciate the ingenuity, but I think it takes away from the bars like KF said

Yesterday evening I worked on a shifter mount. Been trying to figure what I wanted to use was looking thru parts found this stem. Shifter fit right on the part that goes into the steerer tube.Cut excess off and top of the stem so it would fit over the mid bar and made a strap to wrap around the bar. Using a shorter bolt flipping the wedge around and cutting both off .
20200712_153403.jpg
20200713_182252.jpg
20200713_182305.jpg

Next the shift handle grabbed this 28 mm wrench was pretty close to fitting had to grind every 3rd point off the wrench and a little angle on the shifter raised parts. Cut the wrench in half fear of it being to heavy.
20200714_191357.jpg
20200714_191314.jpg

20200714_191552.jpg

Need to find something to cover the end and strap the shift cable and hook up the cable to the hub.

Last edited:
The rest of the build is so crisp and sharp the finish on the bucket seems a bit rustic for the build.
Just my opinion, but I think any light there kinda takes away from the killer bars.
It's cool and I appreciate the ingenuity, but I think it takes away from the bars like KF said
I can always save it for a different build;)

Great work on the stem and wrench shifter.

Latest posts

Back