Parts for the Wheelman penny farthing bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the 36" wheel assembly the same on the penny farthing Wheelman, and the unicycle. My axle is bent on the end, how that happened i can't guess. I just bought it and the area the crank fits on is bent.

The best place for repo Farthing parts is Rideable Replicas. (www.hiwheel.com) They still make them and have been very helpful with mine.
pf4.jpg

The best place for repo Farthing parts is Rideable Replicas. (www.hiwheel.com) They still make them and have been very helpful with mine.
pf4.jpg
Looking for a 36” by 2 1/4” rim for my wheelman. Mine has a flat spot. Very difficult to find. Do you have a different recommendation for a website? High wheel.com does not have a 36” rim.

Looking for a 36” by 2 1/4” rim for my wheelman. Mine has a flat spot. Very difficult to find. Do you have a different recommendation for a website? High wheel.com does not have a 36” rim.
Take the spokes out at the flat spot, shape a piece of wood that matches the inside curve the length of the flat spot of the wheel, make a box
that fits over the axles or a brace on the inside of the hub, put a small hydraulic jack in the space where you took out the spokes on the brace and gently press on the wood. You will have to use a wood block as the jack won’t extend far enough. You might have to shorten the length of the wood. Leave it there for a day. It might spring back. They usually get a whole lot less hoppy, sometimes almost perfect.

Aren't they 2.25 tires, not rims? I thought those rims were only 42mm or so. Which 36" x 42mm are available all over

Latest posts

Back