Patina, Please! 1947 Roadmaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
051.JPG

Here is my 1947 CWC built Roadmaster.

Build thread: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/patina-please.101621/

Am running mostly original parts.
Frame/fork/crankset/wheelset/fenders/stem/bars/seat/kickstand all original '47 Roadmaster
Tires: Very nice original Western Flyer 26 x 2.125 tires.
Spokes: Robbed from some unknown parts bike.
Hubs: New Departure blackout. Not sure if original, but front was there when I got it, so I made the rear match.
Chainguard: CWC but not sure of year. Sourced from marius.suiram right here on the forum. Thanks Marius.
Saddle: Original, recovered by myself. Leather from Discount Hides on the 'bay.
Seatpost: Custom layback, solid 5/8" roundbar.
Grips: Same leather as the saddle.

025.JPG

053.JPG

023.JPG

026.JPG

044.JPG

035.JPG

038.JPG

036.JPG

039.JPG

010.JPG

That came out great!

It's the exact same bike as a build off bike I did a few years ago, Coppertooth, except mine had no original paint when I got it, and didn't have the correct rear wheel.

Great build! You resurrected a perfect patina on this one. It fits in every way, from parts to patina to your custom work. And, it looks like you got that seat and grip leather to 'age' a bit as well...:wink1:

Well done!:thumbsup:

PS...That perspective on the last pic really grabs me. The bridge arches almost emulate the curve of the fenders...

Great build! You resurrected a perfect patina on this one. It fits in every way, from parts to patina to your custom work. And, it looks like you got that seat and grip leather to 'age' a bit as well...:wink1:

Well done!:thumbsup:

PS...That perspective on the last pic really grabs me. The bridge arches almost emulate the curve of the fenders...
Thank you. I have been waiting for an opportunity to use the bridge for a photo shoot. I had debated using that last pic as my entry photo but I couldn't get over the stop sign in the background.

Thank you. I have been waiting for an opportunity to use the bridge for a photo shoot. I had debated using that last pic as my entry photo but I couldn't get over the stop sign in the background.
I saw that too. @The Renaissance Man is really good at removing unwanted images from photos....I'll bet he will have a solution for you.

I saw that too. @The Renaissance Man is really good at removing unwanted images from photos....I'll bet he will have a solution for you.
Piece of cake. Send me a copy in the original resolution and I'll fix it for you. :thumbsup:

What a classic!!! Great job capturing the original crustification. Looks great.

Nothing quite like getting your hands on a perfect old CWC like that and making it run like a dream!
There are some patches of what I consider Very high quality patina on that bike. The stuff you can never fake...:)

It´s the little things that make a great bike, right?
I like this, it´s simple enough with nothing out of place. Except one little thing. The fender bracket on the front wheel should be attached vice versa.
Being like that it kills the flow (imho).

I see your point on the braces. The rear braces are curved in the same direction, and one would think that that the same would be true for the front braces. However, the braces are mounted correctly for both fenders. Thanks for looking.

Latest posts

Back