PCBRC - Pseudo Cook Brothers Cruiser - Vote for your favorite Photo!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After coat after coat after coat, this frame is finally ready for wet sanding so as the patina will shine. It’s black over green over white over brown over red over blue over black, you might just say it’s....

BACK IN BLACK

b8aa176fa4e06e3751cdacb3589e5a8e.jpg

d626b03a7ff96ced2447d65a95936fcc.jpg

Coaster Brake Garage

I would say where ever your legs / body might have rubbed the frame over years of riding it, or where it would have been rubbed by a wall, other bikes, trees; things it would have leaned up against. Where tires being put in and out of the frame, kickstand being kicked down into position, etc.

I would say where ever your legs / body might have rubbed the frame over years of riding it, or where it would have been rubbed by a wall, other bikes, trees; things it would have leaned up against. Where tires being put in and out of the frame, kickstand being kicked down into position, etc.

The first go around I just hit the "high" points.............

Natural weathering on buildings and vehicles is from the top down. Most faded on the roofs, decks and such as that what the sun beats down on. Rain and snow add to that washing dirt from the top down. That said, vehicles also get the splash up and chrome panels and the like, trap moisture so they rust-crust up too. OJ has the rub part right and another rub point could be from repeated polishing. So I looked at my old '53 and it's the most faded and worn right down the center of the top tube, the center on the bottom of down tube right above the BB and on the insides of the stays. Oh and on the top of the chain stay on the chain side.

Carl.

Nice Park Tools FRI-22

Well I have laser printed plain copy paper to apply over painted steel.....

You can get decal paper at most office supply stores (or Amazon). That is what I used for Firewing and then I clear coated over it.
upload_2019-8-8_13-29-22.jpeg

Latest posts

Back