"Pedal to the Metal" Swap meet in GA for the SE U.S. March 7 2020

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
You are invited to the Bi-Annual Spring 2020 "Pedal to the Metal" Swap Meet based in Commerce, GA
.... N.E. of Atlanta at the Atlanta Dragway HUGE Parking Grounds! .... This is our 7th Gathering ....
We normally get 25 - 40 Vintage Bike Swap Meet Vendors and PLENTY of shoppers!
This Event is held WITHIN a HUGE "Monthly" Auto/MotorCycle/Truck/Petroliana/Signs & Tools Swap Meet
Overall there is normally 200+ Vendors with a HUGE Gate-Count of shoppers....
You pull in .... Unload .... and you have ALL the space you want for 1 price (see the Flyer) attached here>>>
This Event falls almost dead center between our good friend's (Hurricane Coasters) Show/Swap meet in Charlotte FEB 1
and ... our good friend David Orr's Get-A-Grip Show/Swap meet in Cleveland, TN on March 28th ....
Really Hope YOU can make it!! CCR Dave

Attachments

• VINTAGE SWAP FLYER 3.07.20.pdf
    188.6 KB · Views: 214
ONLY 6 WEEKS AWAY !! Hope to see you there!!
Vintage Swap Flyer 3.07.20 (1).jpg

Dr T . Marrietta looks closer ? Have you been to this one ?

Hello Sandman .... Dr. T has been at least once ... maybe twice in the previous 6 Events.
Unfortunately Kingfish hasn't made it to one ... yet!
There are a few RRB'ers who have come to the Commerce Event... some regularly ... some hit-and-miss. I'm also active on The CABE and there are a number of regulars who come to this event that I know from The CABE.
We would love to have you come up from FLA. I've had folks come from as far as Louisiana, Ala, TN, NC, SC ... but it varies each and every time. The action starts Very Early (7am) and honestly by about NOON it starts to taper off....
I WISH the action lasted longer, BUT ... it's just the facts...
I suppose if I had more manpower and tried to Combine a Bike SHOW ... the day would last longer. But this IS just a Swap Meet without a "Show"
The Charlotte Swap/Show THIS SAT. the 1st of FEB is one that is definitely worth the drive !! (Indoor!) and then the Get-A-Grip in Cleveland TN also has a Show/Swap Combo that is definitely worth the drive!! BOTH of these are about another 1-2 hours of driving for you... Sure hope to meet you at one of these upcoming Events! Cheers! CCR Dave

We have 2 of the largest car shows , swap corals at the Daytona
speedway and there is quite a few bike related items if your willing to dig around .
I'm just learning my way around the Cabe site .
Thanks for heads up .

ONLY 4 WEEKS AWAY !!

Hope to have you make it here as well ! The more the merrier ... we have been getting 30 - 40 Vintage Bike vendors on average....
would love to top 50 this time!
Fairly easy access from the Carolinas ... Northern half of GA too.
Variety of Motels at exit 149 off of I-85 for the attendees coming from afar ... like our ALA and TENN friends.
Come one , come ALL !! Cheers! CCR Dave

Whether your thirty minutes away, or five hours away, you owe it to yourself and the brotherhood of this hobby to attend this event! Think about it, there is only a handful of these events in the Southeast, where else are you going to find parts and good deals so easily to continue with that project you're working on?:nerd: So load up the truck and trailer, sell a few parts, buy a few parts, hang out with others, put names with faces and enjoy! My motto is "if you don't go, you don't know what you may have missed out on".:headbang: See you there!!!:thumbsup:

ONLY 1 WEEK AWAY !!
.... It's Crunch-Time this weekend, to put the finishing touches on your projects and box-up your goodies to sell next SAT the 7th !!
<><><><><><><><>
At this time ... the WEATHER looks Fantastic ... with NO RAIN forecasted on Friday / Saturday / or Sunday !! SUNNY Mid-to-upper 50's !!
<><><><><><><><>
I will update weather as we get closer ... but I THINK we have already got enough rain in FEB to hold us over until April ...
<><><><><><><><>
Cheers!! CCR Dave

Hello RRB'ers
I wanted to post some pictures from this Event here >>>
We had about 20-25 Vintage Bike Vendors set-up at this event.
That was a little less than we've been getting in the past.
"Small parts" were selling fairly well ... bike sales were soft.
Muscle bikes had a decent show-up and good activity.
Next Pedal-to-the-Metal is OCT 10th 2020
Mark your calendars! Cheers! CCR Dave
P.T.M. 3.07.20 MIKES BIKES.jpg
P.T.M. 3.07.20 MIKES BIKES 2.jpg
P.T.M. 3.07.20 MIKE AND JIM.jpg
P.T.M. 3.07.20 SHAWNS BIKES.jpg
P.T.M. 3.07.20 SPROCKETS BIKES.jpg
P.T.M. 3.07.20 CCRS BIKES.jpg
P.T.M. 3.07.20 GARYS MUSCLE BIKES.jpg
P.T.M. 3.07.20 GETAGRIPS MUSCLE BIKE DISPLAY.jpg
P.T.M. 3.07.20 BOBBYS BIKES.jpg
P.T.M. 3.07.20 JIMS BIKES.jpg