Penny Farthing (New School!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always wanted one of these so got a frame that did it for me, some bits from the scrap pile and here we go!
Started out with a rough sketch using the Mongoose frame I found as a model, tempted to keep the paint but
na she will be painted.
p2058370.jpg
p1238347.jpg

p2058353.jpg
p2058355.jpg

So she will have a 20 inch front as that is the hub I found with pedals in it, rear brakes only, plus I like the idea of
being a bit lower to the ground, you will be able to put your feet on the ground while you are sitting on the seat.
Not so sure how this one will turn out but hey don't know till ya try!

looking good!
did you use parts from a unicycle? hub / fork ends?
dare to be different! :D

junknutz1975 said:
looking good!
did you use parts from a unicycle? hub / fork ends?
dare to be different! :D

Nup, got them off this thing a Huffy something-or-other yeah I know I shouldn't probably have
cut it up but have other plans for this thing and the hub with forks perfect for a Penny Farthing.
p9242630.jpg
p9242631.jpg

Re: Penny Farthing (New School!) Finished

Got this thing going this week, bit weird to ride until you get used to the pedals turning with
the bars, found it better to coast around corners rather than pedal, she's slow but heaps of fun!

yy4v.jpg
0ttq.jpg

tdh5.jpg
v1vf.jpg

Now that’s cool – well done man!

Creative – very creative – nice penny farting :wink: (sorry Pirate, I can’t help myself sometimes!)

All joking aside - it's a really cool original.

Re: Penny Farting (New School!)

ZygoteLittle said:
Now that’s cool – well done man!

Creative – very creative – nice penny farting :wink: (sorry Pirate, I can’t help myself sometimes!)

All joking aside - it's a really cool original.

I like it have been calling it a "Penny Farting" ever since I read this, see above
name change!

I have allowed fro a 26inch rim can anyone put me on to where you could buy
larger rim with the pedals in the hub, just like Geebear77's in the below post?

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=77008

great work i like what youve done 8) heres one i did a while back using a 26" unicycle i should have named it nose diver :lol:

Re: Penny Farting (New School!)

Pushie Pirate said:
I have allowed fro a 26inch rim can anyone put me on to where you could buy
larger rim with the pedals in the hub, just like Geebear77's in the below post?

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=77008

From what I could find on the net, if you could get a Huffy Slider 20" hub, that allows for a 36 Spoke freewheeler. Relace into whatever size wheel you want. If you can pick a broke one up cheap or something to scavenge. Or go to this site and maybe ask them about their rear hub http://www.bicymple.com/

I am interested in building a modern looking one too, in the future.

Latest posts

Back