Phantom Menace

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double Nickle said:
Johnpayne said:
Pink.jpg
UMMMM WOW :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yea! Dude, you're good! 8) Where'd you get the bars?

They're called "Clubman" bars. You usually find them on cafe bikes from the 60's and early 70's. When they're flipped over the other way, they act like "Clip-ons".

$20 will get you a set from any decent motorcycle parts store.

that being said, a $20 isn't as nice as the ones above. (lower quality welds, and ya better check to make sure there straight.) :)

that old ones a cool ride. the 70lbs just makes it harder to steal. :)

Johnpayne said:
This bike is an attempt to create the ZO6 of Black Phantoms. If that makes any frickin sense.

Makes perfect sense.. love the concept, and can't wait to see this done! The pink one is awesome!

Dude, you just keep doin' what you're doin' and leave the definitions to those on the sidelines! Creativity and artistry are what make the "outside the box" world o' RAT.

Love your previous work and excited to see where the Phantom Menace ends up.

Johnpayne said:
They're called "Clubman" bars. You usually find them on cafe bikes from the 60's and early 70's. When they're flipped over the other way, they act like "Clip-ons".
Right on! Thanks!

I took the frame and fork to a bike shop that specializes in mountain bikes, and they dug through the parts bin to find sealed bearings for it. I had to shorten the tube about an inch. Usually the gooseneck clamps to the top of the head tube. But since I used the clip-on style bars, I just put a cap on the top of the head tube. Nothing on this build was easy... or cheap.

this bike is quite possibly the coolest bike I have ever seen ever. a real hotrod. I want to make one, if only i could get the parts!
well done!

Latest posts

Back