Phoenix area swap meet?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sooooo another so called swap meet today in our area. This is probably the 100th posting by me asking the same thing. What in the world is going on in Phoenix area with bikes? I went to a swap meet this morning..one that was listed here and there was a grand total of 3 people there that had maybe 5 rims and a back pack between them for sale. .?..?.? And i know what the response will be from people here. Why don't I do something about it myself. My question is.....with this being such a beautiful area as far as weather goes..why is it that places like Chicago and all the colder states have several bikes shows .swap meets and rides during winter yet Phoenix area is like a ghost town? The tour de fat draws a good crowd...WHERE does everyone go after that....? This is the Mecca for good weather..why is this area so bad for bikes?

Boulders on Broadway? I was there briefly before 9 but had to take off for a job. You're right, it does suck around here, no idea why. There is the AZ Bike Fest in April, I'm hoping that it is better than it was last year, weather permitting. And they're doing a bike show this time, $500 to best of show :shock: Maybe that will get some people out!

Yes I am talking about the swap meet on Broadway at boulders. My son asked where we were going ..i told him probably an empty parking lot..when we got there he says.."papa..you are right..how did you know" ha ha ..sad but true.

Hopefully the bIKE FEST WILL BE BETTER THAN LAST YEAR. I went and rode around for a couple hours. We watched a band play for a while..we were the only ones in the audience..the band even took my son on stage to play with them he is 5 so that was awesome. BUT..all in all this place sucks for bike events. There is zero bike presence here. If you check craigslist you would think there was a huge bike following..i mean every other ad is some crazy over priced bike that stays on there for months and months. SAD BUT TRUE as the song goes.

Nothing til April that I know of.

I don't currently have a rat bike bike but have some ideas and would love to get together with some like minds. Maybe we could stir it up a bit!!!! Contact me!

Mike

Mikrich76 said:
I don't currently have a rat bike bike but have some ideas and would love to get together with some like minds. Maybe we could stir it up a bit!!!! Contact me!

Mike

i dont have any RAT bikes either..or what you call a rat bike. Most real rat bikes are unridable anyway. I just like cool looking custome rides..dont care what they are..as long as they are unique. So it would be fun to have a group that rides..kid friendly..weekends..stuff like that..chances ARE?? pretty slim..not much bike interest in this area other than people showing up to be cool at TOUR DE FAT

Latest posts

Back