Pizza Cutter and Friends...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I haven't made a thread worth a hoot for quite some time. I started working on my second degree and I havent had all that much time for completely re-doing a bike. With the build-off right around the corner, Im ready, willing and able to get one done - and get it done right. see my build-off bike pre project here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24714

We will see where the upcoming months takes care of that bike...but back on topic - The pizza cutter started life as a very large red nishiki road bike that had a pretty hard life. I got it some crack-head-o-matic single speed wheels and a mountain bike seat and cruised around on it for awhile. it was lame...
DSC_0042Medium.jpg

DSC_0046Medium.jpg

I couldent leave well enough alone so i painted it, and cut off some of the useless add on stuff "cable retainers, shifter arms, fender eyelets (whoops):
IMG_0278.jpg

Then - as it turned out, my LBS had a blow out sale of old parts that had been there for years - i got the front rack that was marked "FOR NISHIKI CENTURY" and the headlight, that i just happened to have an LED bulb replacement for!
IMG_0288.jpg

one day i was riding along happy and content and i heard PING......PING PING, then the bike got really loose and i almost lost it, 3 spokes let go and i had a long walk home. - I got a deal on a hipster fixie wheelset and figured id roll them for a bit. I got some inspiration from a bike i saw on here and found these cool saddle bags on the bay for 10 bucks! (this was the day i got the wheelset, i had some maxxis creme tires on them and they were rated for 120 psi - the dinky rim strips that came on the wheels couldent handle the pressure and within seconds of inflating the tires for the first time, they were already flat. so the front wheel in this picture is off my e-bike project (its got a shimano generator hub). i also added some cool old 3-speed bars
photo2.jpg

here it is with the matching tires and wheels
01034232.jpg

i rode it around for months like this, but the ride was pretty harsh, the tires were very small and really racing tires - not so much distance. i traded them to a hipster and i found these awesome vintage michelin tires. ive heard rumors that these are actually NOS tires that were discovered in massive quantities and sold on ebay and a few local bike shops here in la. they are bigger and run 80 psi and the ride is smoother and softer than the maxxis tires.
6c219917.jpg

this is how it has been for a few more months, It really is a great commuter bike - my one problem with it was the seat, the seat looked great, but its a cheaply made brooks knock off. my girlfriend and i went on a ride and she noticed my discomfort with the seat. so when my birthday rolled around she got me a proper seat! shes a keeper! brooks b135
a17b7458.jpg

so its all good right? nope! i walked in to my lbs looking to see if my order had come in (build off related ;) ) and it came up that they had just gotten a shipment of racks in and there were some extras that came in the box that they hadnt been billed for. so for my loyal business - they handed one off to me! what did i do? ordered more bags!
d4481c93.jpg

46c84fbf.jpg

the front ones have been exposed to the elements for awhile now - but they started out just this light - i think my fix is going to be putting the different colored ones on either side, rather than 2 of the same color front and back... maybe... or if anyone has some idea how to get the color somewhat similar, please let me know

I needed an emblem... so i smoked one up.
3585c5c9.jpg

and tonight, i changed my handlebars! just a set of cut down moons
d18bb897.jpg

and thats how she sits! ill take some glamour shots of her tomorrow.

wait...he said "and Friends"... well, im tired of writing, so ill post some friends later tonight!

Where do you get those bags from? We've been searching and searching for something like that for my girlfriend's bike.

favorite caddy ever. its dropped, its a four door, and its.. peach! :lol:

the pizza cutter looks out of place amongst all the old iron. :D

Nice bike, this is katatonic mike from the HAMB. (I had a green 2 door, 58 series 62) We talked before on there. I mess with bikes too. Working on a schwinn continental right now amoung others.

Latest posts

Back