Planning the next one?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm new to the whole build off thing. I know I should be finishing this one, but my mind is racing with an idea for another build, this time with a movie theme. It’s too late to switch and start it, so I’ll finish my current build, but the. Do I wait for next years build off or just get on with it.

How many of you get into the build and then start building the next one in your head?

I think we all have multiple builds going in our heads.
I personally have a habit of building 2 or 3 at a time. It's no wonder my garage is a mess.

I'd say finish what you're working on, then start the next. No reason to hold off for a year.

I'm new to the whole build off thing. I know I should be finishing this one, but my mind is racing with an idea for another build, this time with a movie theme. It’s too late to switch and start it, so I’ll finish my current build, but the. Do I wait for next years build off or just get on with it.

How many of you get into the build and then start building the next one in your head?
I hear ya. I'd just get going with it. I'm the same way. I always have multiple builds going on. I don't even post half the stuff I build. For instance, I bought a bike saturday, took it home and tore it down and completely rebuilt it. I didn't even plan on it. And the same day a friend brought me a dissembled bike that had been shipped to him, and I built that. I flip a decent amount of bikes too. And I almost never take pics or post any of them although most get a partial to full rebuild. I did the math and I sold or gave away a bike every 12 days last year, and thats not including the ones I kept or got for myself. I entered the build off to try and get a bike off the ground I've been draggin my feet on, and to try and remember to document the process. But we have so much time (for the way I build) that other then deciding parts, I haven't really started. I simultaneously have 2 other builds going on and am currently shopping for a frame for the one I wanna do after that.

Anyhow, longwinded way to just say, if you wanna build, build!!

I think we all have multiple builds going in our heads.
I personally have a habit of building 2 or 3 at a time. It's no wonder my garage is a mess.

I'd say finish what you're working on, then start the next. No reason to hold off for a year.

What he said.:D
Except: my garage is ..
More of a :crazy: mess.:p:21:

Also, even though this is the 'big' build off...there are other build offs nearly year around with just a few weeks off in between (See the archives for Winter BO, Muscle Bike BO, Klunker & Off Road BO, etc). Or, you can just open a build thread in the Build section any time you please :grin:.

Jason

Thanks all, glad I'm not the only one that thinks ahead! I tend to have a very long list of projects tucked away inside the cranium and not enough time to get to most of them.

As for when to build, the build off has given me a deadline, the next deadline might be a local car show within riding distance in October. Gotta have a deadline, or it'll never get done :)

Yeah, I have a couple other bike projects on the back burners of my mind right now. Kinds hard to stay focused on the BO build. I am so anxious to be done with the BO bike and get to ride it! ...And start on the others.

Not really anything a fenix lowrider I was working on before the build off put it on hold.
20180428_195701.jpg

Latest posts

Back