Plinkin aint easy. an airsoft thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Echo 1 G36? Sweet. I bought a JG G36C when they came out in early 2007. It broke on me a couple years ago though, so I just use it for parts, and good thing because recently I purchased a JG G3 and my trigger post broke, which stinks since it's so small and caused a huge problem; I can't even fire it. So now I have to open the gearbox and fix it. :roll: I wonder if I can replace the shell of my JG G36C into my G3?

SN850324.jpg

heres what i got, the echo-1 SK shorty AEG. MP-5k AEG
Nerf Maverick. Buzzbee toys double barrel shotgun sawed off.
and spring powered SPAS-12 pump action

The Hibiscus tactical print pays homage to my paintball background.
I ran two highcaps on this thing shooting 360FPS- I played the game like paintball- it drove the Milsim guys nuts.
I was usually bleeding after every game, I never bled playing paintball.

This was stolen with a bunch of other stuff over the summer last year, I think I was getting to old for it anyways.

I havn't done any competitions or battles, but I enjoy plinkin around with this:

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

Marushin Colt 'Constrictor'. It's green gas powered, shoots 8mm(!) airsoft pellets, and is fed through removable shells each holding one round apiece. Not super practical as a skirmish weapon, but a blast to shoot! I hear these are farily sparse these days

my kid wants a full auto now.. hes talkin G36... whats a good brand that doesn't take gas? something that wont break in 2 weeks...
I think I would rather charge batteries than buy gas..... :roll:

the echo-1 that i have is supposed to be a good sturdy novice aeg.
its made from the same polycarbonate that the real thing is made with so its got a little more heft to it
but it def is not cheaply made.
i believe the price was just under $200
good motor and spring it fires fast and hard and dead straight
i was hitting a small windchime from over 100 feet with just the iron sights

Yeah, go Echo-1. They are the same brand as JG but they have better parts so they last longer. My JG G36C lasted awhile (about 50K rounds). It would be well worth the money to buy an Echo-1. JG is worth the money too; I had a blast with mine.

If you want something that will last longer, get a Tokyo Marui or Classic Army. They cost a few hundred dollars though. :lol:

thanks guys!! That Echo -1 sounds sweet! do they make a G36 ?

its gonna be a B-day present, but I think $200 is definitly the limit, we have a couple S&W's and a sig. but they are just toy junk..

Im a tight-wad by nature, I also have 4 kids demanding ever penny I have. I researched the best and lowest priced airsoft I could get. I called about 15 websites finding out what their most popular and least whined about returned airsoft rifle- repeatedly is was the JG/Echo G-36

The Echo G36 is a re-branded version of the JG G36.
The Echo's come with a warranty and a lower FPS.
The JG's come with no warranty and a Higher FPS
If you go with a JG or Echo try to get a version III release. this third version/release (not meaning type 3 gear box) has shims installed on the gearbox.

The G36 comes with a Type 3 gear box making it more reliable.
The plastic G36 is also a "clamshell" design making it inherently strong.
The plastic M4's are known for wobbly barrels and stress points- go metal with an M4.
The M4 does not use the more reliable Type 3 gear box.

I put six 10,000 round tubs through my $ 109.00 JG with no problems.
Reliability wise my JG out did all the high end stuff all the time- yet they raved at how awesome their gun was.

Regular G36
http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-JG-G36C-138.htm

This one accepts M4 mags
http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-JG-G36C-638.htm

Some of these JG's are shooting 400 FPS out of the box
http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?cPath=139_24_166

If you do go with a M4 style rifle try to get a "S-System or a 614 rifle. The top rails eliminate the barrel wobble.

Latest posts

Back