Post Murray Westport Pictures!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's my pair of murray montereys. they have different dropouts, the womens has the old murray style.

P1110564.jpg

P1110565.jpg

Ok, I guess my memory is right then, they were red Montereys, they all look good.

Are they the same year or is the mens from the year after the womens and if they are both the same year or the opposite them maybe there can finally be a way to figure out when was the year they changed the dropouts or if it was a mid year dropout re-design if someone didn't already know?

That is a nice one.

Some of these have the original Persons seats, I still have mine but it is too rusted inside to use and the front of it is cut by the seat plate.
(Sorry I can't remember that actual name for that part of the seat.)

don't know if this one is a westport, just know its a Murray. I've built a couple of Murrays in the past and I have to say that every time I do, I'm always amazed by the result. These are cool bikes!!!
Most of the Murray's I find are older, neglected, and rusting, but they always shine up clean as a penny, and have made for some memorable builds.
Here's my newest Murray.
ratrod011.jpg

ratrod004.jpg

I really like the color/tire combo on this. Those tires just seem to 'work' on a silver or gray bike.
Nice job!
smokenshadow said:
don't know if this one is a westport, just know its a Murray. I've built a couple of Murrays in the past and I have to say that every time I do, I'm always amazed by the result. These are cool bikes!!!
Most of the Murray's I find are older, neglected, and rusting, but they always shine up clean as a penny, and have made for some memorable builds.
Here's my newest Murray.
ratrod011.jpg

ratrod004.jpg

I like that blue one must be from 95, 96 and newer because the chainguard sticker was changed maybe in 95 or 96 and the color too, mine that I got in late 1995 for free I think is a 94 judging by the last two numbers on my stem and the last two on the Sears model number sticker says 94 and my recent I think is a 96.

Nice fork on that last bike.

Here is my Murray -don't know model :?:
found in trash dumpster
bender6.jpg

NOW!
IMG_1047cc.jpg
:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back