Post Murray Westport Pictures!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey
I bought a murray westport just a few months ago but I didn't have a clue that this was it's name as i'm not an american. So today evening I looked closer to the bicycle, which is in really bad shape, and I saw the front sticker with its name and I began searching on the internet for it. I'm glad that i found you guys and i hope i will get inspired by your pictures because tomorrow i'll start working on it to bring it back to life!! :)
almeu.jpg

this is the frame, i disassembled it some months ago and i want to get the best of it!
so glad i found this forum!
cheers! :D

after looking closer to your posts i got to the conclusion that the difference between murray westport and monterey is the fork and from the other murray models the color. I noticed that the westport has a curved fork at the top and the monterey somekind of 90 degree angle at the top of its fork.
anyways, i've seen great bikes here and i'll do the same with mine.
see you guys! :wink:

Just like my 1994 Monterey check the Wald stem above the insert line, mine says for example F278 94 the last two stands for 1994 but too bad you still don't have the sticker that is usually above the bottom bracket that would have the Sears number starting with 502.

Some of the bikes decals have numbers on it that can be used at Sears Parts Direct just like the bottom bracket sticker can be used, for those that still have the stickers put up the numbers you find on them because they usually have the decals at Sears Parts Direct.

My 1994 Moneterey chain guard decal says 44X2441.

I can't remember which it is, a Westport or a Monterey. The seat is a Persons of an exercycle from the dump.

murray6.jpg

I do like to ride it.

If that is not someone's repaint it may be from 1995/96 and a Monterey because I have seen some mid 90's Monterey's that color.

while i was on the bike stretching tear, probaly about half were murrays

i think both of these were montery's, i know one was. the two i gave away last christmas

bikes001-4.jpg

montery, gonna become my school colors bike

bikes001-10.jpg

siesta key, gonna become my k.i.s.s. bike

bikes006.jpg

plus one santa cruz amoung the uncut ones when i stopped.

kngtmat said:
If that is not someone's repaint it may be from 1995/96 and a Monterey because I have seen some mid 90's Monterey's that color.

This one is a repaint, I can't even remember what color it was, teal I think.

murray6small.jpg

Philphine, those are awesome stretch jobs, I love the look.

Here's mine... My friend gave it to me for helping out at his body shop one day. :D

This where I found it...

DSC01908_zpse5769377.jpg

And a week later (last Saturday as a matter of fact), she looks like this...

DSC01950_zps11d01a08.jpg

I plan on adding a few things to it... head & taillight, possibly a tank. Would love to find a 3-speed hub for it... gotta hunt one down!

This is her store bike, all built from her parts....Garden bike I talked her into saving since we'd replaced her Dyno wheels, all it needed....

"Pinky Tuscadaro"

Here is my mid 80s Murray baseball bike It was a girls 26inch turquoise Monteray cruiser i found for $10. at a sale in Centralia Wa. cost about $75. to build and a couple weeks time.

Got this today on craigslist... 50.00, Murray Valiant, maybe '98 or '99 ? Was in storage since 2004...cleaned up a little,
came out nice, rides nice. Was this the last of the American made Murrays? Says assembled in USA on front.

Ruin it I don't think so. Are you happy with it?Now if it was a highend racing bike may be, but not a Murray. Old bikes are like a canvas waiting for you to add your own paint to them.

yep these bikes are like Larry Holmes...they just don't get no 'respeck'
:)
Just for fun Here's a mid 90s Monterey Ladies Model, kindof like a first cousin.
I got at a pawn shop for 15 bucks. Where the paint was thin , I just took an old rag and rubbed in some paint to match to smooth it out a little, Cleaned up chrome, waxed it...cleaned, re greased bottom bracket...bearings were a little grindy, and crank needed a little tightening. Next day...sold in one hour on CL...over $100 +
Now, I'm looking at the pic, and wish I still had her.

Franco
23575524303_44e6e3be42_b.jpg

Latest posts

Back