Post Pics Of Your Tandem Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK! Here's the "Tandemonium" project. It's a '64 Bicycle Built For Two. We also have another one like it a year older. It came without wheels and stuff, and will get painted prior to assembly. This one is a gas to ride!

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Here's the latest pic of mine
5344443635_3990dbd928.jpg

Oh great, now I have a tandem itch.
I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread.
My brother and I got a tandem out of the trash when we were kids.
Tried and tried and tried and tried to catch decent air on it off a ramp in the driveway... we gave up when we broke the frame.

Rev.LowBuck said:
Tried and tried and tried and tried to catch decent air on it off a ramp in the driveway... we gave up when we broke the frame.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've got a battered old Colombia Twosome in pieces a corner somewhere, will probably get it back together some day. This is my Santana right after I had it powdercoated, it's a blast to ride.

after_01.jpg

Picked this 2 days ago for $20. First up is some tires (rides kind of rough now & don't turn well! LOL Then maybe the correct chainrings & some matching seats & grips. Then figure out some kind of chainguard & of course, replace broken spokes. Looks like it will be a blast to ride! This is my first tandem. 8)
tandem001.jpg

Here are most of mine, a few too many I know.

'33 Colson Rear Steer

IMG_8940.jpg

A couple of Mini Twinns

minitwinnblue.jpg

minitwinngreenbeater.jpg

Coppertone DeLuxe Twinn

IMG_8967.jpg

A triple built from two Twinns

IMG_8976.jpg

And the one that started it all. I bought this triple on EBay and it was so bad I just ended up tossing it but it pushed me to make one so in the end I'm glad I bought it.

3seater.jpg

Great stuff to look at !
Are there any west coast Tandem Gatherings ??
how do ya find a good stroker to ride with ??
Is it pretty scarry riding the rear star tandems alone from the rear ?? Looks pretty spooky to me . Scares me just the thought of it lol.

Wingman-

The rear steer isn't too bad to drive from the rear seat actually. Kind of fun actually.

I don't know of any tandem rides on the west coast but would be interested if there was one. As long as it was on fairly flat ground and didn't have any sharp turns.

Here's my roommate and I tryin' out my '70's CCM Tandem, proving we are far too confident in our masculinity..... :oops: :p
252600_10150260016935027_704410026_9232998_7939101_n.jpg

Here's my roommate goin' solo.....
bubzbitetandembike004.jpg

Heres a tandem klunker im putting together for my wife and daughter.Its made of two MTB bikes welded together.Hopefully ill have it done soon.
tandembars2.jpg
tandempaint2.jpg

My Bi Bici Italian folding tandem.

bibichi003.jpg

Latest posts

Back