Post your 26 bmx cruisers here...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shop Cruiser!

IMG_20210318_214721507.jpg

Y2K 22" Frame Schwinn Cruiser Supreme, purchased new at Board and Buckle in Grand Junction, CO the same year. Used as a commuter with chrome fenders and a rack for about 15 years. It was torn down for a few years ago and lives again, slowly morphing into a duzitall bike. I've had it at the paved pump track a few times, as well as getting vertical with it at Sandstone Ranch Skatepark. Those Typhoon brick tires are not good for anything but cruising, so that'll change before taking it somewhere specifically to get crazy on.

20210424_162501.jpg

Y2K 22" Frame Schwinn Cruiser Supreme, purchased new at Board and Buckle in Grand Junction, CO the same year. Used as a commuter with chrome fenders and a rack for about 15 years. It was torn down for a few years ago and lives again, slowly morphing into a duzitall bike. I've had it at the paved pump track a few times, as well as getting vertical with it at Sandstone Ranch Skatepark. Those Typhoon brick tires are not good for anything but cruising, so that'll change before taking it somewhere specifically to get crazy on.

View attachment 155216
sweeet

This is NOT mine, belonged to the late Hump McDonald and then his son Ron McDonald of Battle Creek Michigan. It was stolen by the Bassler/Campbell gang, any information leading to it's being returned to the family would be sure appreciated. May help keep one of the gangbangers ventilator on in a few years...
Seriously the coolest cruiser I ever rode!
received_362946741396987.jpeg

One day rebuild. I cracked the head tube on this bike. All 4130 but oh well, the twin down tube was whippy as a wet noodle and it noodled itself to death. Shameful uber ride home in a Prius, was miles away from home when it broke. It has been sitting for about 6 months or so, I had some time today to get it back on the road. Used a ratchet strap to "realign" the frame. Welded it back together and made a head tube gusset as well as a coaster brake tab. Used my custom frame alignment tool to get it striaght, it was crooked as a politician before it broke but still rode really well, this time I could make it fly true. Ano in a can paint job, washed some of the grease and dirt off the wheels in the kitchen sink and it's back on
IMG_1692.JPG
IMG_1693.JPG
IMG_1694.JPG
IMG_1695.JPG
IMG_1696.JPG
IMG_1697.JPG
IMG_1698.JPG
IMG_1699.JPG
IMG_1700.JPG
IMG_1701.JPG
the road. Enjoy.

One day rebuild. I cracked the head tube on this bike. All 4130 but oh well, the twin down tube was whippy as a wet noodle and it noodled itself to death. Shameful uber ride home in a Prius, was miles away from home when it broke. It has been sitting for about 6 months or so, I had some time today to get it back on the road. Used a ratchet strap to "realign" the frame. Welded it back together and made a head tube gusset as well as a coaster brake tab. Used my custom frame alignment tool to get it striaght, it was crooked as a politician before it broke but still rode really well, this time I could make it fly true. Ano in a can paint job, washed some of the grease and dirt off the wheels in the kitchen sink and it's back on View attachment 158803View attachment 158804View attachment 158805View attachment 158806View attachment 158807View attachment 158808View attachment 158809View attachment 158810View attachment 158811View attachment 158812the road. Enjoy.

I wish I could wash my wheels in the kitchen sink.........

My first post!

This is my Spitfire build. Focused more on casual comfy than nimble.
Built with parts I had lying around.

Beat up MX Renthal bars
Huffy? double clamp stem
unknown but new fork (threw on Schwinn decals)
Schwinn cheapo 3pc (look) crank
SRAM Automatix hub on a unknown heavy duty rim/spoke.

Looking to swap the crank, pedals and seat for something more cooler.

IMG_3797.jpg

IMG_3799.jpg

IMG_3571.jpg

IMG_3800.jpg

IMG_5061.jpg

To think I absolutely hated this bike after I got it. Once I put the Haro 9.5" bars on it, it was like a completely different bike. That allowed me to raise the seat a bit and still be able to sit upright while riding.

I also threw on some Oury lock on grips. These are by far the best grips I've ever used! Now my hands don't go numb and it's an absolute blast to ride. I never want to go home when I'm on it. Good times!

It's a fun bike. Easy to jump, curb hop, wheelie, and throw around. Much easier than a 29er. Very nimble!
26 has worked for decades for exactly that reason. Still haven't felt the need to try the big hoops. My 24" BMX is so quick it's scary

Just bought my first bmx cruiser, its Thehundreds Shadow Conspiracy bike, a collab with Subrosa being the chrome version of the Mallum, ordered some taller bars and going to fit a linger seatpost and more comfy seat, tried the brooks off my other bike so might get one in black but a cloud 9 seat is being considered as i will ride all day and have back and coccyx problems so every bike is painful to ride.
IMG_20210723_193144_924.jpg
IMG_20210723_193145_888.jpg
IMG_20210723_193145_731.jpg

Latest posts

Back