Prewar Schwinn "Snow Day" FINISHED PICS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This ones going to be a rough one, I'm not painting anthing. What I have is a, what I believe to be, 1936 Schwinn. I have no crazy plans for it, just using stuff that I already have in the garage. Trying to spend no money lol

Here's how I bought it

I since then stripped the paint off of the frame

Bought a locking fork from a fellow member

Got a nice seat too

And I plan to use these nice S-2 New Departure Wheels

So far i have only stripped the frame and have soaked the nuts, bolts, bearings, cups, and chain in my special solvent

I STILL NEED TO THINK OF A NAME

Here's a sneak peak of the mockup!
I figured since this is the "winter build-off" that I would make this my winter bike! Got some thick tread tires on there to get through snow!

Here are the parts

Here she is mocked up...what do you guys think?

Better mock up pictures now. It looks like I may have to spend a few dollars though... I need new headset bearings and I may want a skip tooth sprocket.

Here are the bearings I need. Does anyone have them? And does anyone have a Schwinn sweetheart skippy sprocket? I have things to trade.

PRETTY MUCH FINISHED.
Now I just need to figure out if I want to make it a skip tooth or keep it regular.

What do ya think do far? I may add a few things here and there.

Here it is FINISHED

here's the keychain I made out of the left over chain links from the chain on the bike.

SO THERE SHE IS, "SNOW DAY". WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK?

Last edited:
i like you're thinking on this build.
a lot like how i think just use what ya got and spend little to no money.
although this time around i kinda jumped off that ride.
that's a sweet frame to start with. love to see what you do with it
Sean

Man I need to get going in this build off to but I have to finish the muscle bike build off first before I start a new build, love the bike man

I know you said you want to spend no money but if you decide to and need the chainguard I have the one you need for that bike. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you said you want to spend no money but if you decide to and need the chainguard I have the one you need for that bike. Let me know.

The hockey stick one? I may be interested if it's not too expensive.

Yes the hockey stick one. It was the mounts still attached and a little wear at the top wear someone tried to braze a hole. But otherwise in decent shape. I can send you pictures if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay do that, pm me some pictures when you get the chance

Got her mocked up today

I think that I'm going to call this one "Snow Day" what do you think? since this will be my winter bike... which kid doesn't want to get off from school for a snow day?

I have a sweetheart chainring.Its ratty but still good and useable. Matches the patina of the frame nicely.

Would you be willing to trade?
I have a sweetheart chainring.Its ratty but still good and useable. Matches the patina of the frame nicely.

I'll trade, or 5 clams plus shipping. Text me @ 9012011265.
thanks,
Johnny, Ratrider 13

Thanks for the tip but I still need another bearing retainer then. I only have one

Bearings: You can push each ball out of the retainer and replace with new; easier than finding a new retainer.

Latest posts

Back