Pricing this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Not that it's for sale or anything, it's actually my best riding bike right now... but I was curious as to what kind of value people would put on it. If you say "nothing" I won't be offended at all, I built it for my likes and taste and that's all that really matters, but I wanted to see what the outside world thinks.
Parts list:
1946 DX frame
80's Specialized bullmoose bars
Custom sprocket with AS crank
Schwinn script bolt on canti brakes from the 40's/50's with NOS brake pads
Bendix two speed manual rear hub
Araya alloy rims

Man I'd give you a couple hundred! Has to be worth at least that!
Cool bike!

I'd pay a few hundred. It's gotta be worth more then that to someone that's looking for a bike setup like that. I would change the bars out to something that would match the bike better. IMHO they clash with the rest of the bike. That is if you were trying to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would guess around $300. Very cool build!
Is there enough meat on the sprocket near the crank?

Thanks for the replies guys! As far as "meat on the sprocket".... I'll say I hope so:) It's help up on the limited amount of riding time so far, but I'm not mountain biking with it either.

You've got the new and old look going on with the bars, seat, and pedals. Nice rider and you definitely need the front brakes with the Bendix lever action 2-speed. Schwinn always put a front brake on bikes with this hub. Gary

ThAT'S a rad bike. It'd sell for $350-$450 as is. Could get more if you were patient enough to part it out.

Latest posts

Back