Primed For Renewal -1950 Columbia 5 Star

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Name Pending-1950 Columbia 5 Star

TheFlyingDingo said:
b5621d27.jpg

Strange way to hold a chainguard on

Best way ever! 8)

Alright. Bought some oxylic acid. Wood bleach. I soaked some parts and making some "serious" progress. I need to finish prepping the frame for paint. Woo!

0ea772c5.jpg

cd1df90a.jpg

7866be6f.jpg

Ok-So my Current Situation is...going nuts. I keep saying
doit-1.gif

But for whatever reason, whatever i do, i dont like...I finally made a decision, and i should finish that up. That leads to my next problem...WHAT WHEELS?! WHAT BARS?!! WHAT SEAT?!! I cant figure out which way i want to go, Im sure ill finish...and hopefully how i like...GAHH!

Waterboy_2.jpg

you can do it!!

Ive been pretty busy working on my car for a camping trip I'm going on soon. Well. I don't have a picture of the new color, I do however have a picture of the color I should have stuck with. Gah!

I am on a constant search for wheels, since the wheels (more like wheel) is missing parts. I wasted a good hub searching for parts. Turns out different models of shaman hubs don't have the same organs. Hah!

Now here is another major disappointment. I painted the rear rack, when I should have just dipped both sides, and kept going. The chainguard looks rediculously good as it is. So I'll be using it hopefully. I have it under control and planned. I have things to fall on if things don't work out. And I hate to be annoying, but I'm posting with my phone and I can't see what I'm typing. I'll have to wait until the next post to post pictures I have to share.

Name pending will be finished.

Found some wheels. I was at my girlfriends house, and i offered her mom $20 for her rusted out huffy. The wheels are in great shape. Probably perfect for what im doing. The bad news is i left the clear coat at her house, so i need to go back...And i hate dirt roads.

Painting the seat pan-i sort of plan on doing something special with it...not sure what...But Something.
0973b735.jpg

ccf16ec4.jpg

Since i do not have big enough wrenches (Stretch knows about that). I will be just dipping the whole fork completely. Wish it luck as it bathes.
dffb40b9.jpg

Got the clear. Touching up the frame, and cleared the chainguard...the chainguard is awesomly nice looking now. Re-Assembly of the seat to commence. Lets see if i can clean up the crash rail some more...i accidently left it in the dip.
93160e03.jpg

Donor Bike!

Latest posts

Back