Project Chris

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHOA!!!
Sick and mean stance!!!!
Thanks for showing us a rolling mockup!!
Love it!

index.php

Yeah! This looks tough, like a highboy. I'm anxious to see the riding position. Knees up tucked in? Or kicked back with some pull back bars? Only TRM knows at this point.

Carl.

index.php

Yeah! This looks tough, like a highboy. I'm anxious to see the riding position. Knees up tucked in? Or kicked back with some pull back bars? Only TRM knows at this point.

Carl.

Just wow man!! looks like a street fighter! :inlove:

Love it, of course.
Do you expect the center of gravity to be impacted by having the motor that high?
Of course, I speak from a position of NO experience in building or even riding a motorized bicycle. The thought just popped into my head, so my fingers reacted......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...I'm anxious to see the riding position. Knees up tucked in? Or kicked back with some pull back bars? Only TRM knows at this point.
Low bobber style seat position, slight rise motorcycle style bars. I'll basically be riding in the fetal position.:21:
Do you expect the center of gravity to be impacted by having the motor that high?
I don't expect any problem with that. I weigh much more than the engine and will be riding higher on the bike!:D

Figured you had it sectioned off. How will you get those 2 halfs to seal?

Looking cool...red ano chain tensioners are a nice touch.
The halfs will be bonded together with polyester fiberglass resin and a layer of glass will cover the seams on the outside. The inside will also be coated with a tank sealer.
The tensioners are made for thicker dropouts, so they don't work as they are. I will have to modify something if I use them.:mad: Too many things left to do with so little time left!:whew:

Here's a general mockup for the fender that @KEMPRACING supplied for me. It will be cut off either even with or slightly below the seat stays. The rear brace will probably get it's own mounting points on the dropouts and not on the axel. I had planned to cut the rear even with the edge of the brace but after looking at this, I might keep the pointed end like it is... maybe.
101_3589.jpg
101_3590.JPG

As usual I can't go any further until I design and make the mounts for the saddle because it will also double as the mount for the fender.

*EDIT- The more I look at this the better I like the fender going down to the chain stays. I might go ahead with it like that, at least for now.
:blackeye:tic toc tic toc tic toc

Last edited:
I really like the higgins fender brace on that bobber fender.

Last edited:
This is looking great!! And it just gave me a idea for a different kind of build down the road, not sharing though :D I am finally starting to catch up on the builds lot of great bikes.

I did some more work on the engine yesterday morning before leaving town for the day (I'll get pictures this afternoon). I discovered that the chain line for the engine is going to be too close to the knobby tire. It might work with a normal tire but that's not an option. I believe that the best solution is going to involve using a jack shaft which was in my early concept ideas for the bike, but was removed from the plan to save time.

That brings me to a cross road. With exactly 3 weeks left, it has become painfully obvious that it will be impossible to completely finish Project Chris before the deadline.:( I felt like this would be the case from the start, but now that it's here I'm still disappointed.

I have 3 options:
1) Concede defeat and move the journal to the regular builds section.
2) Use the one frame swap rule and build a traditional rat rod bike in 3 weeks.
3) Limp across the finish line with a 'rideable bicycle' with an inoperable engine.

If it is acceptable to have two builds listed at the same time, I could possibly combine options 2 and 3 and give myself a little longer to decide which route is best. But if I wait much longer about option 2, I'll end up short of time again!

What do y'all think?

I did some more work on the engine yesterday morning before leaving town for the day (I'll get pictures this afternoon). I discovered that the chain line for the engine is going to be too close to the knobby tire. It might work with a normal tire but that's not an option. I believe that the best solution is going to involve using a jack shaft which was in my early concept ideas for the bike, but was removed from the plan to save time.

That brings me to a cross road. With exactly 3 weeks left, it has become painfully obvious that it will be impossible to completely finish Project Chris before the deadline.:( I felt like this would be the case from the start, but now that it's here I'm still disappointed.

I have 3 options:
1) Concede defeat and move the journal to the regular builds section.
2) Use the one frame swap rule and build a traditional rat rod bike in 3 weeks.
3) Limp across the finish line with a 'rideable bicycle' with an inoperable engine.

If it is acceptable to have two builds listed at the same time, I could possibly combine options 2 and 3 and give myself a little longer to decide which route is best. But if I wait much longer about option 2, I'll end up short of time again!

What do y'all think?

I'm all about option 3. Just think of it as an accessory without battery's yet.

But instead of an accessory it's a motor and instead of batteries there no gas.

I want Project Chris to continue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back