Well, it got a little stuck. Apart from the fact i mentioned before, that i have a deadlines for my diploma coming soon, there are a few more changes coming into the play. Firstly, i am sharing my workshop with a friend who was in desperate search for a new place, and the space i am occupying is under some small renovation now. I had to put many things i had in my storage to my workshop, and now i am lacking of space and it complicates my progress. Another factor is i slightly cut my index finger with a grinder a week ago, nothing serious but i am slower on working now. And apart from that since i am not coming to work for a bit more then two weeks now, i still didn't get the rear dropouts cut :/ So i am leaving the plan to finish the build in time now, but i will at least try to have it rideable. Realistically speaking i may manage to finish the frame and possibly the electric part of it, but probably not the drivetrain i am intending to use. I may paint it as well, but possibly i'd need to make more changes into it, so i'd rather skip the painting too. We'll see. It's a bit sad but we all know how life is sometimes. Honestly for me it is always difficult to prioritize stuff in the way bikes are not on the very top of the list, but sometimes life teaches me i have to
Oh yea, and i did weld those spades on the fork, but missed the height a little, so it had not enough room for wider tires and fenders, so i've chopped them off and prepared a second set of dropouts to weld on. Just didn't find a moment to share the photos. Here they are before cleanup:
Here i am making a little tool to align them perfectly well.
Here i am welding them on using a lay-wire technique. Was a good opportunity to practice it, and i really like it.
Then the result looks good with the 24" wheel.
But not too good on 26" :/
So i have shaved them off the fork and was glad that i made a second set. Knowing myself well enough to suppose i'd somehow mess it up on the first try