Proud Mary - A throwback Huffman ratrod bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!! Just now catching up on this build! It is looking super slick! You always have a killer stash of cool stuff, so it's always fun watching you try it all out. What a beauty so far! If you are worried about the wheel hitting the stationary fender and fork leg, you could always sleeve the spring center bolt with a piece of pipe to make it a stationary faux springer.
Now that I've added that 1" coil on top, it's nearly rigid, anyway. I set my gut over the bars, hiked my Chuck Taylors up off the ground, and did fat man planks. It didn't even come close to bottoming out, though I had to catch my breath for a moment, after all of that exertion.

New single piece 6-1/2" crank arrived today, so it'll be a rider this weekend, I'm thinking. Hoping everybody likes my new front sprocket and pedal choices, but I like 'em, and that's what's really important, right? RIGHT?!! (Please affirm my questionable life choices.)
IMG_20220604_092919.jpg

Digging those "trashy" pedals!!!

I read that wrong. I thought you said you pulled those parts from the Trash, not the Stash. :D

Hey @gowjobs , you been huffin' along on the Huffman lately?
I took last weekend off, and went on a group ride with The Others, Stray Dogs, and a bunch of other SoCal bike clubs/chapters. Wore this for the first time since 2018 or so:
IMG_20220622_100357.jpg

Nope. No Barkada support patch either, though I have been riding with them for years, too.
I have a few spoke cards from Ridazz/Wolfpack/Etc. still and a t-shirt from the 2006 La Noche De Los Muertos Ridazz Ride.

Edit: Also a "Drop Race" t-shirt from the Wolfpack Hustle race from Griffith Park Observatory to the Vine Theater for the LA premiere of Mash SF.

Last edited:
Cool vid on the cycle - cart project @gowjobs ! Is there a link you can provide to that group or build off you participate in? I'd like to follow it through.

Looking forward to more on the Huffman progress!

Nice work. Glad to see you're working on it again.

Latest posts

Back