qualifier

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

Reaction score
Ukraine.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
mmm, belt drive.... I'm thinking about building a Co-Motion touring bike this year with belt drive and internal gearing.

GuitarlCarl

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
I like it. Far superior to the rat I have in mind. Don't know if I'll have time so I haven't posted it. But yours is so sweet. Beautiful.

Carl.

Palepainter

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
So you won it. Congrats again!:cool2: Had a feeling someone I might know would grab it. I thought for some reason they came with an alloy Tioga spider, but no. A component that would've been worth something. My bike was NOS missing parts from Mike Poulson's collection, I guess when he was with team Schwinn.

Before I got the bike I had an opportunity to get set of Trueline 6061 T6 sealed bearing spun wheels seen below. Let'em go because as a wheel builder mags and such are limited.
I regret not getting them today. Heard back from the buyer, they are in excellent condition. The seller offered a much lower price than the final bid:cry:
They would've went nicely with another Qualifier version with a larger sprocket, which appeared under 52 teeth (no crank with my bike). They do indeed come with 52's.
View attachment 185768 View attachment 185770
Ya. This would rock with these bikes.

Tallbikeman

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Ice forming. Resting on bare ice at night facing the stars is extremely relaxing.
View attachment 183877

Tires ✔
View attachment 183903

Course...
.View attachment 183901

Bike ✔
AM-JKLVME_h6IKpuPWZKHRtXPU9wLNePWNGKsCEXtHSFEhOYT4SmgnJ0qmDMIye-nMSJ9VK11TxTUGgyEOPg-FGBMTB7iRMzrlhSylZmzKs_JSbSqJq9F7zgHBXYihXwdpBjIQ9WIGzDulnprqQR20EGJ12h=w1329-h919-no

AM-JKLUIopZPmlF9MWcElNXK0DlUccBLtdsqZmq-ziWoR24gFp_NfPq_kw07ZsvJqtU_sFs4lo-wDtRqBpCYl8dBSiP0KIUtCXP1H7GOFsFRGl9W_MHOvNbOTVZm9v_xlcD9CYrCdHZlrWBR9v68QL6caUs9=w1242-h908-no
I really like the springer fork on this bike. It just sets it off and looks like it was always meant to be on it. Had a 65t front sprocket on a Rans Gliss recumbent with 20" wheels. Without it the bike wouldn't go fast. With it the bike still wouldn't go fast. Rider might of had horsepower issues.

Palepainter

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
I've struggled adapting a springer. It's not effective enough adding unnecessary weight. Haven't been able to devise a precision MTB fork that fits. Found a fork builder in Japan that may be of assistance.
The version I like riding most off road.
View attachment 185899

Speaking of recumbents, I was recently looking into the Lightning P-38.
View attachment 185900

Jack Schaffeus P-38 Lexan faring gave it a 10 mph boost.
View attachment 185901
How much of a difference in handling do you notice with the changes in the geometry? I favor the solid front as well. Perhaps a good option for the front would be a Girvin stem to soften the ride a bit. But then the handle bars won’t be compatible.

Palepainter

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
That was the nutty part. I was expecting a significant difference. The springer adds more offset resulting in a trail length that made little changes. I want more positive trail for one. Girvins are old tech not worth fiddling with imo. I'm after suspension/rebound side stanchions.
26'' Manitou stanchions have been cut down for my size frame successfully, yet again, old tech. Only 1'' steering tubes fit the Qualifier due to the small head tube I.D which pretty much eliminates anything current without making untested mods.
My intention is to build a high performance version. The ride can be improved with a precision lightweight front suspension. Incorporating an adjustable trail mechanism would be the ultimate.

I noticed your Qualifier may have had a hub upgrade. Far as I'm aware they came with 3/8'' axle steel hubs. The hubs appear to be alloy with quick release skewers front/rear.
Yes. The front is incorrect. Looking for the correct Wheel.

Latest posts