• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

QUINTANA ROO "KILO" 1999

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sale is a Quintana Roo "KILO" model (I believe it was called the "KILO 105" due to Shimano 105 group components fitted). I was told this bike was from 1999, but it could be 2000/01. This bike is functionally and aesthetically in excellent condition. Professionally "race serviced"; super clean! Ridden by a young woman for triathlon racing, I bought it from her mother who explained that her daughter grew too big for the frame and needed to get a bigger bike; thus, low mileage on what appear to be the original components. Aluminum aero frame (Omnium builders in the USA, QR frames are now made in Taiwan) and aero carbon fork. Very lightweight; "kilo" refers to the frame weight being only one Kg (2.2lbs). Set-up for Tri/TT with Profile Design "Carbon Stryke" "Ironman" aero bars. Saddle that comes with it is a new Bontrager, the "Quintana Roo" saddle pictured can be bought ($50 added to total cost) with the bike in lieu of the Bontrager. The "Q-Roo" saddle is a Velo brand, with padded leather top and titanium rails; very lightweight for its design, used but only storage scuffs- no crashes, tears, rips (saddle was sourced separately from the bike, unknown if original design that was fitted; when I purchased the bike it came with a cheaper saddle that was a replacement to the OE saddle). The LOOK pedals are NOT INCLUDED (used during testing); lightweight (lighter than the LOOKs) Wellgo pedals (custom drilled) with toe cages will be included if desired (no cost added). Asking $350 with the used "Q-Roo" saddle; $300 with the new Bontrager saddle.

Shimano bar end shifters (can be set for indexed or friction shifting), Cane Creek headset, Shimano 105 drivetrain, HyperGlide 9 speed cassette (I need to verify gear sizes, I think it's 11-26), Shimano 105 "Hollowtech" "Octalink" crankset (53T/39T, 170mm), SRAM chain, and Tiagra brakes with Dia Compe bar end brake levers. 650c/26" wheels, Velocity "Deep V" rims with Hutchinson "Carbon Comp" tires. X-small to small frame size 46cm (center to top) seat tube, and 48cm (center to center) top tube, approximately 71cm/28" stand over height. Very minimal wear and tear (couple of minor paint chips and minor component scratches) from transportation, etc.; no crashes. Probably one of the last Q-Roo frames made in the USA (company is under its 3rd or 4th ownership, all frames made in Asia now and only assembled in the USA). Great ride, I'd love one my size; but way too small for me when I test rode it. I had it checked out by a friend who is 5'1" without issues to see how it fit a smaller rider. Probably best for women, men, and junior riders 4'8"-5'0". Maybe up to 5'2" depending on upper body reach.
This would make a great ready to roll bike for anyone looking to get seriously into cycling, or as a gift to that aspiring young cyclist; but not needing to spend $1000s. It could certainly be upgraded with higher end vintage parts of the period or have upgraded modern parts installed. This bike would also make a fine collectable due to its age and condition. I have not been able to find this specific year/color model for sale online.

If you care to use/buy your own saddle, I will sell at $25 less without the Bontrager saddle installed.

Thanks for looking.

Located in northern Florida; all shipping expenses are to be paid by the buyer (I will ship however you want it). I can deliver in the Gainesville/Jacksonville FL areas or possibly meet "part way"; I will be as flexible as I can be. This is an "as is" purchase, but for someone buying local to me; I will include some general service on it if you desire at no cost for labor, you pay for the parts.

Payment to be made via a PayPal account, or cash if buying in person.

More photos are available upon request. Feel free to ask any questions!

You are welcome to make me an offer, but the price is pretty firm considering the condition and somewhat rarity of the bike; it's either that not many were made, there are a lot in people's closets, and/or they were too nice that people really haven't been selling them.

I don't sell bikes; I rebuild for myself and others. I bought this bike for myself thinking I could somehow squeeze my body onto it, but no go. I did ride it as stretched out as I could be with the seat at my optimum height, but no go for any long distances without discomfort. I need about a 53-55cm top tube for comfort.

Thanks for looking!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php