Rad Rot Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PICK MY RAD ROT BIKE 2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Final clue for the Easter egg hunt:

It can be found on page 5. :bandit: @Chad T :D
If you mess with the bull....you'll get the hornament... :cool:

1630490138109.png

Can't wait to see it!

horns.JPG

Last edited:
Chad T coming through with the pun-ishing comment! NICE! :21:
He tried to steer everyone else to it with the first 'bull' comment last Friday!

Good eye @Chad T ! :41:
img_3356-jpg.168784

I bought the little steer skull a year or two ago at a flea market and had forgotten about it. As you can see from the picture that bench is a catch all for lots of junk and I was digging around for something else and just happened to see it. Otherwise I wouldn't have even remembered having it.
IMG_3437.JPG

Even the patina is just right for the Rad Rot Bike.
IMG_3439.JPG

The big surprise for me was that the threaded mounting holes have exactly the same spacing as the holes in the fork/fender! That was all of the convincing that I needed to decide to use it. :nod:
IMG_3440.JPG

Just add a couple of 10-24 screws and it's good to go!

Today was a good day!
The X53 was riden for the first time in a long time! Judging by the rotten tires I'm guessing that is has been decades. It was only a short ride down the street and back but it felt good. :)

I took a few photos while I had it outside.

Here's the bucranium in its new home.
IMG_3450.JPG
IMG_3444.JPG

Last edited:
That bad boy is perfect scale and looks great. It is so much like what some kid would have added.
Just watch out for fork flop and don't the those horns near you tank!!

That bad boy is perfect scale and looks great. It is so much like what some kid would have added.
Just watch out for fork flop and don't the those horns near you tank!!
Thanks! It's funny that you mention something that a kid would add. I've been waiting for a couple of weeks until I got it back on the ground to add something that I would've done as a kid. (I'll show it tomorrow.) As for impaling the tank, the trusses hit before the horns get near it.

The X53 has a fairly significant hole in the seat cover that needed to be addressed before I start doing very much riding.
IMG_3445.JPG

So that got me to thinking. What would be a good 'farm fix' for that?

When I was a kid, there was an auto parts store a couple of miles from our neighborhood. I would ride my bike there from time to time and go in to ask if they had any free stickers. I'm pretty sure the men working there got a kick out of saving back decals for me because they almost always had one or two handy when I would come in. They were the typical decals for various brands of shocks, mufflers, spark plugs, etc. But one of the most common and iconic ones for me was 'STP'.

As a kid (about 50 years ago), that's what I would've used to repair the seat!

So I printed one the right size and condition to look like it was put there years ago by a kid about head high to a parts counter!
IMG_3456.JPG

The X53 has a fairly significant hole in the seat cover that needed to be addressed before I start doing very much riding.
View attachment 170757

So that got me to thinking. What would be a good 'farm fix' for that?

When I was a kid, there was an auto parts store a couple of miles from our neighborhood. I would ride my bike there from time to time and go in to ask if they had any free stickers. I'm pretty sure the men working there got a kick out of saving back decals for me because they almost always had one or two handy when I would come in. They were the typical decals for various brands of shocks, mufflers, spark plugs, etc. But one of the most common and iconic ones for me was 'STP'.

As a kid (about 50 years ago), that's what I would've used to repair the seat!

So I printed one the right size and condition to look like it was put there years ago by a kid about head high to a parts counter!
View attachment 170758

As I scrolled and saw where you were talking about what fix a kid would have done, an STP sticker popped in my head. We put those on all of our bikes. It was cool to see the STP sticker in the next pic! PERFECT!

Thanks guys.

If you look closely in the STP picture you'll see the replacement for the kickstand bolt that broke. Literally just hours before I took that picture yesterday, it was a brand new shiny zinc coated bolt.

Vinegar comes though again!

Straight as a rocket!!!!

The bull looks killer on there! STP sticker is so classic. Love them polished rims with the patina-d bike. :inlove: You going to be applying any special sauce to the paint? BLO?

Latest posts

Back